New Laptop

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

New Laptop

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Getting myself a new laptop tomorrow - one of these

https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/b ... iotz_en_gb

Comes with Vista unfortunately so not sure I will get IL2 1946 running on it, that might have to stay on the desk machine.....
Olegs stalker

:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: New Laptop

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Neil, I have il2 running sweetly (eventually) on Vista home premium 32bit, installed it in the default location against all advice (stroppy Scot :) ), and dont have any problems now. Other folk have had problems with Vista but things seem to be a bit easier now (possibly the Vista updates have sorted some problems).

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:12 pm

I am still only using Windows XP Home Edition and have no plans to upgrade to Vista for this computer (she's limited to only 1 GB RDRAM).

Last weekend my mother came up for a visit and brought her Dell I ordered for her at Christmas. I reformatted her machine and reinstalled Vista (Basic). Keeping in mind she has no games or really any programs besides the OS, the whole process was amazingly quick and easy.

Personally I like the interface and overall design. With the SP1 coming this month, and taking some time to customize and tweak, I would imagine Vista is probably a decent OS. I can only hope BOB will be optimized for it, though sometimes that Russian developer surprises me when it comes to these things.

TS!
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Everything runs fine on Vista with Il-2, Hyperlobby, Teamspeak, Saitek Drivers and TrackIR on this side - no need to worry.
Image ImageImage
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm running vista too Neil and apart from the lousy realtek HD audio onboard everything else is solid and runs sweet. I got a new sound card now so the audio problem should be fine for today lol

Wardog 8)