Another "HELLO" thread

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
xawpx80
Beginner

Another "HELLO" thread

Post by xawpx80 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 am

Whats up everyone :p
My name is Andy and im 27 yrs old. I live in Atlanta Georgia USA (EST in case u were wondering) I like to play ice hockey, golf, watch NFL & College football,have the occasional adult beverage and work on my car. Ive been playing IL2 for about 2 months but have been playing flight sims for some time now on and off. Id like to think that I have the basics of IL2 down and would like to improve on my ACM a bunch. Im looking for a laid back squad to learn from and fly with some cool people. I have no freakin clue what wainscoting means btw.
NE ways hello!! :wink2: :wink2:
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:14 am

Well, Jawja boy, fust you got to research and be conversant in wainscoting. If'n a loosy Anny boy and Tesican can figger it out, So can you. ;)

Welcome to home for the pleasantly de-ranged. :roll:

SALUD!! :beer:
Padre
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

xawpx80
Beginner

Post by xawpx80 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:44 am

:FI:WillieOFS wrote:Well, Jawja boy, fust you got to research and be conversant in wainscoting. If'n a loosy Anny boy and Tesican can figger it out, So can you. ;)

Welcome to home for the pleasantly de-ranged. :roll:

SALUD!! :beer:
Padre
Thanks
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 am

No No No don't ask about wainscoting for god sake or you will never hear the end of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for a friendly laidback group to fly with well you have definatly come to the right place ;)

Welcome :beer:

Wardog 8)
xawpx80
Beginner

Post by xawpx80 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:08 am

:FI:Wardog wrote:No No No don't ask about wainscoting for god sake or you will never hear the end of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for a friendly laidback group to fly with well you have definatly come to the right place ;)

Welcome :beer:

Wardog 8)
thanks m8
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 am

Hello and welcome to the show.

Do we have any ad banner hanging somewhere or there must be a nest somewhere. Or where do they all come from ? :D

What about wainscoting ? :D
Image ImageImage
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Hey, hey, a fellow ATL'r...welcome.

It's the FI bumper sticker on my car and my FI t-shirts Airway. They'll be coming in droves now.

Where in Atlanta are you Andy? I live in Alpharetta...and ice hockey...I'd guess a transplant like me and half of the city.
xawpx80
Beginner

Post by xawpx80 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:09 am

:FI:Noter wrote:Hey, hey, a fellow ATL'r...welcome.

It's the FI bumper sticker on my car and my FI t-shirts Airway. They'll be coming in droves now.

Where in Atlanta are you Andy? I live in Alpharetta...and ice hockey...I'd guess a transplant like me and half of the city.
I live in Lilburn(Gwinnett). I guess i might be a transplant, I picked up hockey when my dad got transfered to Toronto when I was little. Ive lived in a few different cities but have live in Atlanta for 20 years and im 27 now so.
But there arent too many transplants that are nuts for UGA football, Falcons(yes i still claim them) and the Braves like I am.
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:05 am

Hey, and how is your name to be pronounced?
Image ImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 am

:FI:Airway wrote:Hey, and how is your name to be pronounced?
What about Andy, Airway? :lol: ;)

Welcome to the boards, Andy! ^:)

Just hang around here a bit and see what kind of laid back bunch of drunkards we really are. Join us on Hyperlobby and our TS Server to fly and speak with us. After you´ve made up your mind to join us send :FI:Falcon an email stating you want to become a FI. He'll show you your way then!

S! Andy ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:35 pm

I live in Lilburn(Gwinnett). I guess i might be a transplant, I picked up hockey when my dad got transfered to Toronto when I was little. Ive lived in a few different cities but have live in Atlanta for 20 years and im 27 now so.
But there arent too many transplants that are nuts for UGA football, Falcons(yes i still claim them) and the Braves like I am.
No I don't think I'd consider you a transplant. I just don't know of many from here that are into hockey, pretty sweet. We used to be with a group that had season tickets to the Thrashers, but couldn't afford it any more once the kids came.

I've been here (lived in Doraville, Norcross, and Alpharetta, well officially John's Creek now) since '92. Worked in Norcross and now Lawrencville. Pretty much covered the northeast section.

The Falcons :O~ [-X ](*,) not much you can say there. Sounds like our new coach means business after these last cuts though.

Noter
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Howdy

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi,

when I'am up Up and Away I'll hope to meet you in da virtual Skies.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

:beer: welcome

(mind if I just call you "kzawpcks" ;so I don't get too confused :badgrin: )

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
xawpx80
Beginner

Post by xawpx80 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 pm

:FI:Noter wrote: The Falcons :O~ [-X ](*,) not much you can say there. Sounds like our new coach means business after these last cuts though.

Noter
Yea they were serious with those last cuts. I figured they would have atleast tried to get some draft picks for some of those guys. But I trust the new GM that we picked up from New England more than I trust the old GM.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Yea they were serious with those last cuts. I figured they would have atleast tried to get some draft picks for some of those guys. But I trust the new GM that we picked up from New England more than I trust the old GM.
Amen to that brother. I think they're looking to trade down with their 1st pick, and use the money saved from the player cuts in the free agent market, get some decent guys on the O and D lines to build the team from the ground up. We can re-build rather quick that way, another two three years and could be back in the playoff hunt.

At least the Falcon's have been to a Super Bowl. My lowly Lions have never been. I think they've won one playoff game in 50 years. You can always say "We're better than the Lions" ;)