New part time pilot

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Xazper
Beginner

New part time pilot

Post by Xazper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Hello everyone

Just coming in here to say hello before i start flying with you. My name is Xazper (sort of.. it's actually Kasper) and i'm pretty new to IL2 but i'm a good teamplayer and fast learner. I'm from denmark and i'm 19 years old. I'm curently in school but i finish this summer and will then have to find something else to do and i'm considering game programming as a carrer path, so i guess technically i can call online gaming "research" for future job oppotunities :lol: I also play Battlefield 2142 and Airsoft.

I'm mostly a fighter pilot, light and nimble but won't say no to bringing a few rockets if i get the chance :p

see ya all in the sky

- Xazper
:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Re: New part time pilot

Post by :FI:Conman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Welcome to the forums Kasper, you've come to the right place for a laugh and a good flight if you havent already you'll need to fill in an aplication form to facon (stu) then you need teamspeak and hyperlobby then to be modded to UI 1.1 + a few then you need a fre sunday to fly ;) if anything goes wrong give the boys a shout then we'll get you in the sky :D
Wildcat
Professional Boardie

Post by Wildcat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

Lots ot things to download to get started, but Conman has given you a decent list. Any problems, please ask and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve them between us.
Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.

What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

Hey, everybody — watch this!

I am not afraid of crashing, my secret is . . . just before we hit the ground, I jump as high as I can.
Xazper
Beginner

Post by Xazper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:01 pm

I filled the form on your website and got an email response telling me to go here and say hi. I'd love some TS details so i can get properly started, i already have Hyperlobby and have been flying for a few days.. not very different from single player other than these guys shoot back :lol:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Kas,

check PMs

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Xazper
Beginner

Post by Xazper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Well i just sat through about 1 hour 50 minutes of your training sesssion while downloading unified installer and all i can say is i can't wait to actually fly with you guys. I had a bunch of good laughs and what you did sounded really interesting so you'll defenitely see me around sometime soon.

I'll finish downloading the unified installer and i'd kinda like some help setting it all up and learning all those basic things i need to fly with you so if one of you drop me a PM when i can get some training that'd be great. I'm available pretty much every night except tuesday and thursday.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:02 pm

OK Mate here is what you need to do. Either use one install (your origional is ok) of 4.08 or make a copy on another drive or partition if you have one.

If you make a copy make sure to name it 1946 Mod or something like that so you can tell the difference.

Download all 8 parts of the unified installer. When done double click on part one and it will start an auto installer. Direct it to your chosen copy of 4.08 and let it install and voila you are modded up.

In the modded verion folder you will find a Mods folder and a switcher exe file. Click on the switcher exe and it allows you to select six different versions of the game. Some have mods and some don't also some use 6DOF which is 6 Degrees of freedom used in conjuction with track IR if you have it. If not I would recomend Track IR but it is not essencial for you to fly with us.

If you have any probs just post a shout here and one of us will get online and give you a hand. We are usually online at the same time wednesdays too so if needbe give us a shout on TS and one of us will talk you through it.

Good luck

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
Xazper
Beginner

Post by Xazper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks i think i get it now... 6dof looks incredible! That's pretty much the coolest thing i've seen in ages! only problem is the price, but i'm gonna keep it in mind for later when i get some money :D
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 am

Check this site out: http://www.free-track.net/english/

Has good instructions on building your own track IR headset and such.

I know sacktime uses it and probably a few others so again if you need any help then just give a shout.

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
Xazper
Beginner

Post by Xazper » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Might just build my own trackIR headset in school as a project.. cheap for me and.. is there any other reason :lol:

I just had a critical windows error last night and basically i've had to format my PC (Did it twice just this weekend for the first time since i got it 2½ years ago) and so i lost the 5 parts of unified installer that i had #-o It might take a few more days than predicted but i'll get airborne sooner or later :badgrin:
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:59 am

Xazper

Welcome to the Forum, I for one am a Free Track user word of caution though, check out their Web Camera compatibilities, herehttp://www.free-track.net/english/hardware/webcam.php. I have a Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX. Picked it up dirt cheap and it works fine.

Sacktime