Funny thing happened to me the today....

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Funny thing happened to me the today....

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:55 am

Just got my NEW (Been a good husband and did ALL the chores on time....this time) PC. Not the one I was dreaming about but she'll play BoB if it ever comes out. Anyways, I brought it home and was setting it up, because I have to get IL2 up and running. So I get all that done, and fire up Il2 and set the Resolution to 1600 x (Some other ridiculous high number), and.............. :doubt: IL2 doesn't look to good, The wife hears " hmmm" coming from the the room and she sticks her head in and with a smile she asks, "Everything okay?" a quick look at my face reveals, here is a man in deep thought, she carries on, she has seen that look before. So I begin to :awkward: tweak the Config file (I'm doing this allot lately), to get some more eye candy, this Quad core 2.8Ghz should be able to handle this, I thought to myself :-k , so I begin to wonder about the Video card.

Five Minutes later I'm on the phone, :x calling Nick, or was it Mike, really didn't matter. I apparently got the wrong Video card ](*,) I got a NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, honest mistake, I'm thinking stuff happens, I'm not stressing out over this, Nick or Mike whoever he is, will just have to order the correct Video Card and I'm set. But since I've moved, as you know,last summer, it takes awhile to get the thing I thought I paid for but didn't get shipped/trucked/flown in or GOD for give me, should I even dare to say it .....The "Postal Service", to get here.

Long story short, I'm busting to get this new Computer up this Sunday (I"ll be there, I pulled some pretty impressive Navigation last week, we actually found the bombers! I'm on a roll here). But not with the Video Card I originally paid for. So it's NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT for the next Week or so.

See you Sunday (I'll be on Hyperlobby/Teamspeak, Saturday Night to make sure I'm Ready for Sunday, if anyone is up)

Sacktime

:beer: :beer: :beer: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Funny thing happened to me the today....

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 am

:FI:Sacktime wrote:(...)

See you Sunday (I'll be on Hyperlobby/Teamspeak, Saturday Night to make sure I'm Ready for Sunday, if anyone is up)

Sacktime

:beer: :beer: :beer: :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
You´ll make it, Pat! Never surrender ... especially not to a dumb PC ... :lol: ;)

Cya on Sunday and good luck, m8!

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Funny thing happened to me the today....

Post by :FI:Scott » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:50 am

You'll be fine with the new card m8.

I'd save yourself some pain and set to excellent landscape while you are waiting though- that 8500 is going to get battered with the Slot map coops. I ran an 8600 (couldn't use SLI - it stutters in IL2) and that was all out with it on perfect. I seem to have been living in my config file lately Sack so if you want any help give a shout. I found that the latest dll's (13.03.08) and 178.24 Nvidia drivers suited the 88xx series cards so you might want to give them a go.

A word of caution though- i ended up spending more time farting around with settings that playing the sim- not good, get it so its smooth and looks good to you then leave it- my advice for what its worth.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.