Having problems with my sound...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
RUnar

Having problems with my sound...

Post by RUnar » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:09 am

Hello again!

Not always, but sometimes i use my radio as spakers with my PC (great bass :p )
Before, i used the USB connection, and everything oworked just fine, but i had my radio on the floor, which resulted in me driving my chair into the plug, making the USB connection to the radio unusable..
So now i use the gameport (red and whit plug, you know). But i only have sound in my right speaker, anyone knowing why this happens?
The radio is a Philips az2558

Runar
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Having problems with my sound...

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Should be a mini stereo jack from your soundcard (Line out). My guess is your radio has phono inputs.(referencing on the web looks like stereo L/R and digital coax - If your sound card supports digital use that)

For analog audio -
You need this type of lead. (£shop ones are OK but better quality will give less hassle over time being more durable and better quality connection - as far as is possible with a 3.5 jack :cry: ) .

Check your sound card control panel and make sure its set for stereo and not 5.1 surround.

and from Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices properties:-

Volume tab - speaker settings - Advanced --set Speaker setup for desktop stereo speakers

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
RUnar

Post by RUnar » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:55 pm

That din't help much.. :p

But look at these images: http://www.imagemrio.com.br/imagens/AZ25581.jpg
http://images.freemarket.kiev.ua/images ... AZ2558.jpg

The plugs i have is red white and yellow, but i don't use the lest one, for obvious reasons :p
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:36 pm

I checked the chassis socket arrangement. Whats on the other end of your lead? 3.5 jacks, Phono? USB?

It would help to know what soundcard you have.

As I said before Red and White are industry standard for Analog Audio L/R and yellow for digital audio or composite video (which wont apply unless you're hooking up to a MiniDisc or HiFi CD or viaSCART adapter from your video, TV , whatever)

One simple check you could make is switch the red and white leads to see if sound will come from the other speaker. If thats the case then the issue is on the PC sound card side or a bad lead.

If it makes no difference and you just get sound from the same one speaker it suggests a short or broken circuit from your collision with the plug.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)