Gears of War

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Gears of War

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Man, this is the most difficult game I've ever played. There's million and one ways to die. Just a couple of rounds will kill you- and that's just in the training missions on easy settings. :? Better go look for a God Mode cheat. ;)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:41 pm

I enjoyed this game a while back on the Xbox 360. Liked the story. Try this using a controller mate with the reflexes of an old man. ;)

TS!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:50 pm

Yeah I think old age has something to do with it. :lol: I got a cheap controller I was about to throw out with the garbage, glad I didn't. Will try it when I get home.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:00 pm

Are you able to play the campaign cooperatively with a gaming buddy? This was an option with 360 (and I imagine must be for the PC too). My son enjoyed it online.

TS!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:06 pm

Yes you can play coop. I upgraded the drivers for both my mobo and GC and it runs a bit better. Still getting killed easily though.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 pm

:FI:AltarBoy wrote:Still getting killed easily though.
Really mate? I only played it on Normal (not quick enough for hard levels). Still I don't recall too much frustration (i.e., being killed a lot). I am a bit - well - tactical ;) and take my time scanning the scene. I trust you are taking cover a lot, right?

Hope you enjoy the story (and eye-candy). Headshots (like all fps) are important.

---

Just finished Half-Life 2 (and Episodes 1 & 2) over the weekend. Nice game. I even went online for a short spell playing Team Fortress 2. Now there's a twitch game. :lol: Still those "cartoony" characters are amusing.

TS!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:15 pm

I got HL2: The Orange Box last week filled with all the goodies. Trouble is that I forgot you need Steam to install and with no internet at home yet it'll have to wait. But I know I'm in for a treat. :D As for GoW I think using a mouse for control is hard. I always take cover but one of the enemy AI just jumped over me and before I could use my chainsaw on him he got me. Man, those buggers are fast. The GoW graphics on the PC looks good though. In one mission going through the Guard's Quarters one lone enemy was shooting at me but for all of Valhalla I could not locate him. Finally found him hiding behind some rubble. Then blasted him. :lol:

But I highly recommend Call of Duty 4. The year's best game in my book. \:D/