:FI:Book Review:'Carnage&Culture'.

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:COM
Postmaster

:FI:Book Review:'Carnage&Culture'.

Post by :FI:COM » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Gents-

I know every mate is reading SOME kind of scribble on papayrah. My latest is 'Carnage and Culture', by Victor D. Hanson, Anchor books. This Military Historian cites five separate historical battles- from Cortez to the Tet offensive, that reveal, since the Greeks, Western Civ's obsession with battle technology and objective, scientific inquiry. What are ye reading? Hell, I'll even send the book to any mate who PM's me. cheerz!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Yeah send it. Sounds good. :D The only thing I'm reading or actually researching is for the next 3D model. A Cessna Bird Dog aircraft used in the Vietnam War.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:COM
Postmaster

coincidental, AB

Post by :FI:COM » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:59 pm

When I met Icefrog at the Chino airport last year, the historical topic of the day was 'Forward Air Controllers'; there were about 30-40 Viet Nam pilots who flew that Cessna at the Museum that day, discussing their missions. (a dour and crotchety bunch to say the least)They had a few versions of it out on the tarmac with small rockets as well. PM me your address.~S~
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Wow, cool! I'd like to see an actual model. The one I'm planning to make carries 14 x 2.75-inch rockets. :)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!