Faces of War

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Faces of War

Post by Nightcat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Anyone else got "Faces of War" ? lemme know - its pretty neat and worth checking out .. I love it. It has a multiplayer option but I've not played with that yet.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/32818.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a trailer and some pics and stuff there

NC
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi NC,

I got the game on the day it was released. I've got mixed feelings about it, - multiplayer lag, generaly por performance. But it does not have something I just hate in Company of Heroes- health bars :) BTW - CoH is a really good gabe, but don't expect realism here.

When can we do some multiplayer in FoW???

At the moment I give FoW 7.5/10 , when the patch fixes whet needs to be fixed it will surely go up.

S!

Mac( I love even realistic armor penetration system )ca

BTW - have you tried Soldiers-Heroes of WW2? it is first part of the series, FoW is the 3rdone, after Outfront. There is a great mod for SHOWW@ - BTRH 1.3 Great for multiplayer. I think it is up to 10 ppl, or even more.
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:56 pm

Looks interesting, thx for the tip NC!
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:56 pm

So how is Company of Heros? i see the ads on TV but from what i can tell, i've seen better graphics in other games. like the one shot where the troops are on the roof shooting down at the tiger tank and the whole thing just collapses with cheesy looking exploding effects. :?
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:13 pm

What i dislike about CoH is the health bars and not realistic armor thickness system. And resources being collected via supply points. It is a good game though, but nothing that special IMHO. I wouldnt give it 86 / 100, as some reviewers do. 80/100 i or 85/100. But FoW has much bigger potential IMHO , it just needs some issues to be addressed in the patch.

Mac
ImageImageImage
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:25 am

Actually Dethsledge, that's pretty much goes on, only it's going on with an eagle's eye on the battlefield. There can be some really spectacular pyrotechnics in that game.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:44 am

After playing various WW2 RTS from Blitzkreig to Heroes of WW2 I'd say CoH is the benchmarker for the genre. The graphics are very good (all depends on your system specs). FoH has fallen below expectations for me as I tried it on my pal's PC and he has an Alienware system. The graphics in that game aren't that spectacular. I do have some issues with CoH. You often start off at a disadvantage and the enemy seems more supplied than you are. And the effects in the game is out of this world. Just look at an artillery barrage and you'll see. I'd give CoH a 9/10 and FoH 5/10 (unless the developers make some serios fixes for it). To me Blitzkrieg series, Heroes of WW2, Commandos series and CoH are the good ones out there.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:37 pm

I've never tried Blitzkrieg series. Any good?

M
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:59 pm

Oh, yeah. The series got me hooked on RTS. Although the graphics are bit outdated it still looks good. You play as Germany, Britain, Russia and US. Blitzkrieg 2 (Including Pacific Campaign) is the latest from them and much improvements in how it looks and play. Many add-ons too. Games such as Cold War uses the game's engine. You could get the older series at bargain prices.

Speaking of RTS I recommend Battle for Middle Earth and its sequel. Not WW2 but if you like Lord of The Rings like I do it's a must have. :)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:24 pm

I'm stuck on one of the allied missions Macca!

You know the one where you steal V2 documents or something and you get the tank on the shore turn up after you take out artilary implacement.
Well I can't seem to get the rescue boat to rescue my lil men lol

NC
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:05 pm

I haven't played this mission yet, NC....

I go MP only :)

Mac
ImageImageImage
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm

:FI:Menace wrote:Actually Dethsledge, that's pretty much goes on, only it's going on with an eagle's eye on the battlefield. There can be some really spectacular pyrotechnics in that game.

great, i was hoping it was like this. thanks m8, probably pick up a copy as soon as i get my machine back up.

^:)

DS
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:01 am

I finally borrowed the game from me m8 and set the graphics to high and it looked not so bad except for the frame rate drop when a lot of NPCs fill the screen. The game is pretty tough with objectives so hard for a small group to handle. The voice acting is atrocious with both Russian and German sounding as if they fell off the old Alabama Tree. It's so hard to tell enemy from foe without having to zoom in close. Not an overly terrible game but it can't hold a candle to CoH I'm afraid.