I demand a raise!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:12 am

That was in 98, anyways, I hadn't killed off my stupid brain cells yet with booze. :lol: Was on a Tall ship then.
I was down there in February and it was 40 C out. To us Canucks that's like sucking on a hair dryer. :lol:
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 pm

Yeah, I understand m8. :)

Hey Falcon that Gulf of Mexico is one scary place for me. There and the gulf between our mainland and Carrera Island Prison. The meanest sharks you can find there- Hammers and maybe even Bulls. If you fly in a Cessna low enough you can see how many of them just beneath the surface. Makos are relative to the Great White but smaller and a helluva lot faster! Spaeking of sharks I'm getting hungry. Time for a fried bake and shark....yummmmm! :D

Maybe you should apply to American Airlines, dude maybe they pay better.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:29 pm

AltarBoy wrote:After working at the airport for over 17 years it's high time they really raise my salary. I should be making at least $10,000 instead of $9,999 dammit! :lol:
I want a pink elephant.

$10 000 a month....

and you're complaining when there are people that have nothing to put into their pots..

I will not comment on that.
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Thanks for spoiling the fun Macca. :roll:

I've had my share of hard times like everybody else. I just worked my ass off and sacrificed a lot to get where I am.
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:49 pm

I'm not saying you hadn't.

But it just seems a bit odd to complain about such things when you earn so much.
ImageImageImage
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:02 pm

My arse bleed's for you
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:53 pm

First off this was meant as a joke. So don't take it too seriously. We do have issues with management since they make over $30,000 a month and they don't know crap about civil avaiation management. While we groundhogs are being underpaid. Right now apart from Apron Control Tower work I have to perform safety audits which is a separate job but not getting extra for it. We have two ramps and I'm responsible for both.

Like I said before don't take this topic too seriously. Just blowing off some steam here. Besides, it could be worse. I could be working for the US Postal Service. Boy, talk about going Postal! :lol:

And Rabitski sorry your arse is bleeding but what you do in your personal life is your business! Ha ha! Boy I love this place. Good therapy! :lol:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:27 pm

$10000/mo??

$30000/mo??

So, Trinidad is a major drug port?

How else can we be talkin' this kinna money?

We are talkin' US dineros, right;

not like that play money that Canadians use?

Fal ";)"con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:38 pm

Hmmm.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:46 pm

No Falcon it's in TT currency which means less value than toilet paper. So it isn't all that high when you convert it. But with cost of living here I'm not making all that much. But with proper investment and budget you can live ok.
Trinidad is pretty wealthy with the Energy Sector in full bloom but with this government's spending habits inflation may be on the horizon.

Getting into the drug trade, especially with our South American neighbours means death, jail or both.

Altar-"Ganja Head"-Boy.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:32 pm

10,000 Trinidad/Tobago Dollar = 1,626.02 US Dollar

Ohhhh!

Okay!

I'm no longer incredibly jealous and coming down and sponging off you for a month ...

or ten.

Still, I think you have a boss job and I would kill to be in your position of responsibility and worth. Being retired is

BORING!!!

Get them to give you that flippin' extra T/T dollar!

or just steal a pen every month.

Keep'em flyin'!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Ohhhh, 10,000 Trinidad/Tobago Dollars! You're not getting near enough bucks for the job you're doing. In the FAA I suspect that job would pay something like 90,000 UDS per year.

Igor
:FI:Igor
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Now that is sth different, otherwise it sounds quite odd to complain about 10 000 bucks being too little. unless these are TT dollars.

M
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Yep, that conversion's about right. Like I said if you convert it it isn't much. I apologize I should've mentioned it in TT$. So now you know why I gripe so much.

And yeah I do like my job. It's challenging and you learn something everyday. It's exciting too, never a dull moment. Last excitement I had was when a DeHavilland Dash-8 made an emergency landing when his nose wheel couldn't come down. Great landing by the pilot. And we got the plane off the runway in 30 minutes. During auditing I learnt the goings on of ground handlers via the IATA Ground Handling manual. (2 large volumes).

Careful what you wish for Falcon. I may visit New Orleans next time around and I'll sponge off of ya! In fact New Orleans resembles a place called Arima here. Colonial buildings and all. I'll buy ya a beer though. :D :beer:

Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! I got Motorhead playing in the background!

Altar-"Bang yer Head"- Boy.