Memoirs of my last trip to NY

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Memoirs of my last trip to NY

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 pm

Visited there some time ago and plan to stop over there again.

1) Took bloody 12 hours to reach NY via Miami on American Airlines. Rude customer service in Miami that I thought I landed in France! :lol: Immigration officials made snide remarks like "Should we let them in?"

2) Connecting flight after a few hours delay due to bad weather but sun is shining all around. Lousy in-flight movie called "50 First Dates" I swear if I see another Adam Sandler film I'm gonna throw up on Macca! :lol:

3) Finally made it to JFK after a rough landing. What did that pilot think he was landing on. An aircraft carrier?

4) Couldn't find my greeters so I hired a taxi all the while some security guy following me. :( Do I look like Osama bin Laden? I shaved dammit!

5) Finally got to my sister-in-law's place and left behind my passport and visa inside the bloody cab. Spent the rest of the night trying to locate him and by some miracle recovered all my documents. Jesus loves me you know. :lol:

6) Spent 4 boring days doing nothing but walk all over Queens and visiting a nearby Deli.

7) Left there and went to Manhatten with an old lady friend of mine where I visited the Empire State Building and looking out for some hairy dude swatting biplanes. Saw what was left of the WTC (Damn you Osama!)

8) The folks there were really friendly although I got some odd looks wearing an Ozzy T-shirt. What New Yorkers never heard of metal? :lol: Lovely chicks I wish I could, erm, well..ahem!

9 I LOVE NY! HIDE ALL YER WIMMIN FOLKS I'M A COMIN" AGAIN! 8)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:27 am

should have let me known mate, we coulda put a few back :beer: :beer:
:: napier ::

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:11 am

Well next time I visit I'll let ya know beforehand. But beware Beck's Non-Alcoholic beer gets me drunk! :lol:
:FI:COM
Postmaster

A FEW PEARLS FOR ALTARBOY...

Post by :FI:COM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:43 pm

1. Firstly, I thank altarboy for his effort- many don't even attempt visiting The Big Onion, let alone get lost in Queens for days.

2. NYers know what 'metal' is; they've moved to the city in an attempt to ESCAPE it... it was also assumed you were on your jihad because you
were wearing that...ozzy...thing.

3. NEVER take a cab anywhere. I recant the day I went to the airport and my Paki companion decided to REVERSE said auto- DOWN the OFFRAMP back to the freeway, 'dee easy way'....(insert accent here)

4. When your'e followed by 'security', take it as a compliment. Hey, it's NY- maybe he just wanted your.. phone.....number.

5. When in the city, call Napier and I...we'll HOOK YE UP!!!! ~S~
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Thanks, dude. Will remember that. It was my first time there. The part of Queens I stayed had a lot of East-Indians that I thought I was back home. :lol: But Manhatten was nice. Spent a few days there. But I think I'll buy a house in the Hampdens just as soon as I find that drug money Pablo Escobar buried in my back yard. Hee Hee! :lol:
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:41 pm

no one goes to queens anyways ;) I go up there for computer work about once a month, and promptly run back to brooklyn or manhattan :D

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:12 pm

Don't take this the wrong way m8, but I was told to stay away from the Bronx and Brooklyn. I'm pretty ignorant about those parts so I opted not to go there and the last thing I wanted was to be the latest poster boy for warring gangs. Maybe I got wrong information so maybe you can shed some light on this.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:22 pm

like all cities theres certain parts you dont wanna goto, theres many in brooklyn and the bronx. Most of manhattan is pretty safe as is my home in brooklyn. I would goto southern brooklyn in the night either, or the bronx for that matter...I only go thier for Yankees games, then get right on the train home :)

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Yes I understand. I'm hoping to accumulate enough vacation leave next year and visit a bit so maybe you guys can show me around. Always wanted to see Times Square and MTV studios so I can vent my rage at those wusses who refuse to play underground metal! Bwahahaaaaa :badgrin:
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:48 pm

ive been in NY for about 4 years now and I try to avoid times Sq and 42 st at all costs :)

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:57 pm

AltarBoy wrote:. Always wanted to see Times Square and MTV studios so I can vent my rage at those wusses who refuse to play underground metal! Bwahahaaaaa :badgrin:
http://www.karnyx.tkhave a rant for my m8's while your there.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:37 pm

Why is that Napier? And Sneaky_Russian I will comply with your request. :)
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:36 am

too many tourists there :) The whole place is built up for tourist kinda stuff. Cool to see a few times, go see a show or sit in the park. But not more than a few times :D

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:09 am

Guess it's like over here especially on our sister isle, Tobago. Lots of tourists there. They would sit or lie on the beach in the blazing sun. Not me, it's way too hot and I don't want to turn into bacon. 8) :lol: