AARRGGHH-IL-2+AEP+PF Problem

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Alchemist

AARRGGHH-IL-2+AEP+PF Problem

Post by Alchemist » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:05 am

](*,) I am having a hell of a hard time getting the game to load. I installed a new Utility/Firewall/Dog-polisher, and the ONLY game it screws with is....guess what???

I'm still twiddling with this and that, not quite ready to read the instructions yet, but I wanted to let all good Irishmen know why they have not been annoyed by my poor flying skills for a few days. If I still can't get the game to loacd tomorrow, I'll call in the hounds.

The program, System Mechanic Professinal 6.0 has made my PC run a heck of a lot faster, but I had to scrub off IL-2 & re-install it. Probably one of those obvious tweeks, I just haven't got to all 1,000,000 of them yet. :roll: We'll see soon. Till anon, have a drink on me. ^:| :beer:

Tom O'Carroll, The Texas Alchemist
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Jeez, Al!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:11 am

I read your other, rather extensive DXDiag post.

And while I won't pretend to know what half that shyte is, I wonder if turning off or disabling System Mechanic when PF'ing will be a solution.

If you haven't already done it, it's atleast worth a try, right?

Good luck.

:)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:16 am

Um ...

did you run the game/patch after you loaded each one?

oops,

need more bleer,

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Alchemist

More AAArgghhh----20%

Post by Alchemist » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:58 am

I have tried taking System Mechanic Professional 6.0 off, but I still get 20%. The thing is,when the "Tweeking" did its thing to speed up my PC, it did SOMETHING that screws up FB+AEP+PF ONLY. Every other damn program works fine. I can't run a restore, and I have tried to find out just what the hell it DID do. The only clue I have so far is that the "Please send Microsoft data on your problem thing includes two temp files in a temp folder. When I looked in the folder, the files were not there. But, if they were temp files, I would thing the game would re-generate them.

I'll probably have to reformat, ect, but I still have no way of knowing if that will work, as it could be a firewall/router issue. The System Mechanic does a better job at cleaning and other things than Norton, so I hate to ditch it. Only 1 problem, but the damn program HAS to pick PF to screw with. I think I feel a little like you did, Helo, after your car got broken into. Endless you-know-what. Drink a beer for me, please---I'll be back soon!

:oops:
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Sorry I can't help Al. :(

I have never used System Mechanic. I do have Registry Mechanic. Is this from the same company? I will have to go look.

Anyway, from your posts I take it that IL-2 was working fine prior to installing this program but now it doesn't (but everything else does), right? Furthermore, it is a program that is kept in memory on each boot, right? Finally, even when disabling the program the problem with IL-2 continues, right?

Well, if you intend to use it again after a reformat I would suggest you figure out the problem now, or else after many hours of getting your system back up you may find yourself right back with this problem.

Perhaps reinstalling the game would be helpful. Is there anyway in finding out exactly what the program has done and troubleshoot each aspect of the tweaking it did?

GL Alchemist hope to see you flying soon mate.

TS!

- posted later-

I did take a quick look around on the Net. I was at one particular site with @17 user reviews. Only 1 person liked the program. All the others had rather significant issues I'm afraid Al. While I prefer commercial programs opposed to freeware (or even shareware), I know a lot of what this program does can be accomplished by decent freeware apps.

Based upon only a quick review of this program at their site, perhaps in cleaning up your registry it deleted something related to IL-2. Again, maybe re-installing the game (which puts all your IL-2 registry entries back) would be more prudent then a reformat?

If you ever want a decent Registry cleaner, try Registry Mechanic (commercial) here http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , which is produced by a different company btw.