What to get the other halfs for Christmas..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

What to get the other halfs for Christmas..

Post by Nightcat » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:16 pm

It's that time of year where you shop for gifts and I'm really clueless, you ask what they want and they just say 'no idea' - doh. Last year I opted out and just gave money and it went down as well as a wet fart in a space suit.

The Christmas times before that I've got widescreen tvs, dvd and such which I guess was really for me/home - so this year I have to break the mode of predictability >_<

Apparently if I decorate the bathroom then that would be good, but thats just a loaded suggestion - I know, you know if I do that then I'll be in serious jeopardy lol

I thought maybe a kitten but my dog would probably eat it, and kittens do tend to grow up and lose the cute factor - our last cat lived / lasted 24 years. :oops:

So what you getting your other halfs?

Well, we have until Christmas Eve to decide so no hurry

NC
:sheep:
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Good question ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:55 pm

... if you´re caught in this kind of trap. :badgrin:

We´ve got three children, two cats, two cars and a flat which have to be paid ... so guess what!? After the gifts for the kids there´s simply no money left to buy anything for the other better half.

If there´d be only silence and patience been sold in bottles I was the first to get it. But asap!!! :lol: ;)

Good luck, NC! :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:34 pm

Good question Nightcap, erm Nightcat!

Well! I have my wiff trained well or at least as well as one CAN train a wildcat.

I tell her to, "Go buy whatever you want."

Then, I go off and get ONE of whatever thing she is collecting that year; cows, Lilliput Lane house figurines, bears, Waterford crystal, etc. It works! One stop, not usually too expensive, boom, I'm back at home.

Best of luck,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:41 pm

Aye lad mine has already received a dishwater for Christmas. She's been complaining about washing dishes for years so I think all is well now. But I fear how she might now use all this free time she'll have, especially as it pertains to my free time. :-s

Rough plumbing is done. Electrical to do tonight. Had the hot water tank adjusted. Waiting for the cabinet, which I will have to assembly. Put it all together with the custom countertop I had to order at a different store. Oh yes this is much simpler than washing dishes by hand. :roll: :D

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Buy her a...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:32 pm

weekend at a spa 100 miles away, and offer to include a few quid so that her best girlfriend can go too... but not all of it, obviously.

This does two things - makes her think you care about her well-being, and two, gives you a weekend to go on the beer with your mates like you used to.....

;)

Trust Unkle Fenster ;)

He knows what he's doing :D
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:38 pm

Present for the wiff.......I was thinking.....a muzzle.

Sorry I have deprived you chaps of a target for the past couple of outings-run up to Christmas is a true ball-ache in my line of work. See you soon, hopefully Wednesday.

Richard
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:39 pm

Send her off to a spa?!

Brilliant!
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:16 am

I really love the idea of a weekend with my beer and some mates around the home... I hear poker night without the nagging! - really loving the way you think Fenian - its brilliant!

I have a million possible thoughts along those lines, I'll keep you posted :badgrin:

NC
arne_and
Postmaster

Post by arne_and » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:20 am

http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/chri ... -ideas.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one will give you even some more ideas perhaps.

Maybe they got some spa`s in Siberia?

Hate nagging while playing poker!