Hello

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Jark
Beginner

Hello

Post by Jark » Fri May 08, 2009 8:26 pm

HI guys,

I'm looking for a fun group to fly with and hopefully learn a thing or two. I haven't been flying that long with IL2 so I'm a pretty crappy dogfighter but I'm trying to get better.

A little about myself: I'm 26 and just recently moved to Houston, Tx with my girlfriend. I'm originally from Cleveland, OH. We both finished our graduate degrees not too long ago then moved together. I love video games and am usually down to play whatever, but I really love flight sims if I could get better at them.

I hope to meet you guys in game soon. Seem like a fun group.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Hello

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri May 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Welcome Jark!

Houston? Hey, do you know John and Irene?

Cleveland? Really? Do you know Bob?

Man, Houston is so flippin' BIG! It takes me five hours to drive there from N'Awlins and another two hours to get to the west side of Houston, (Katy, Tx.) ... uhh three if the Interstate re-re-re-construction is heavy.

You're welcome to fly with us fo sho. If someone doesn't PM the addy and password for TeamSpeak (TS) to you soon, let us know. Our next scheduled flight time is tonight around 8:30 CT. Next after that is Sunday at ~1:00CT. Sunday is the big day. Try to get on TS at least and meet the mates. We usually fly 4.09 w/mods. Ask if you have any questions about setting up. On HyperLobby (HL) look for the :FI: or =FI= prefix throughout the week and say hello. Don't be shy. Most of us won't bite ... erm ... no promises from the Scots though. ;)

=FI=Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Wildcat
Professional Boardie

Post by Wildcat » Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Jark, welcome to the party.

I've recently joined (been absorbed into?!) the FI and I can thoroughly recommend it. I had never played IL-2 before but they got me all straightened out and I'm now flying (and dyin') with them on a regular basis.

Good bunch, very helpful and always up for a laugh - they have truely rebuilt my faith in computer games and the sense that having a good time with mates is just the most important thing on any Sunday / Wednesday night :)

Feel free to give me a yell if you have any questions - it can be a bit daunting downloading the patches and Hyperlobby, but trust me, it is all worth it... ;)
Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.

What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed.

Hey, everybody — watch this!

I am not afraid of crashing, my secret is . . . just before we hit the ground, I jump as high as I can.
Jark
Beginner

Post by Jark » Sun May 10, 2009 7:01 pm

I haven't got the TS info yet. Think i'm all set up with the mods and all of that. Hope to fly with you guys soon. i'm probably going to need some help lol