Awwriight! Another new game in.

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Awwriight! Another new game in.

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:29 pm

It had to happen. Back in the zombie mall and what do I see? Crysis! I just couldn't help myself. Bought it and someone wrote that this is a resource hog. Well, I'm here to confirm that. I just don't know why they made a game where the majority of gamers won't be able to afford a monster rig to play it. Anyway I managed to run it all at high settings and of course the frame rate was so low that Grandma on a turtle could outrun it. It looks spectacular though. I had to run most of the settings at medium levels and take off AA completely.

A synopsis:

In the distant future. You're a part of a five-member Special Forces team on a search and rescue mission on a South-East Asian island illegally occupied by the North Koreans. A group of archeologists located something that will change mankind forever and the North Koreans captured them. Well, the team starts getting killed off one by one; their bodies torn up pretty bad. Now you and the remainder of the team must complete the mission and battle a strange force and the North Koreans.

The game has some pretty nifty stuff. Augment your weapons and Nano Suit to cloak yourself or give you strength, etc. Nice gadgets too. Even got man-eating sharks, something Far Cry didn't have. The island reminds me of my back yard. If it were not for the lack of eye candy due to costly systems requirements I would have given it Game of The Year. But that title goes to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. At least in my book.
Last edited by AltarBoy on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:48 pm

They got cows in Crysis then?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:56 am

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:They got cows in Crysis then?
Maybe flying, jumping, man eating bovines? :shock: :badgrin:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:03 pm

Yep. :lol: :lol:
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:58 pm

Crysis is an awesome game with big replay value ;)
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Yeah, but at a high cost . I did manage somehow to tweak my vid card and have all settings to high. The developer will be putting out a patch to work out the framerate issues. Some complained even their high end machines couldn't handle it. I'm on a mission and one of the objectives is to destroy some North Korean tanks....and I don't even have a bloody rocket launcher! Maybe I can pelt some rocks at it. :lol: But again a nice looking game. 8)