Reformat?

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Reformat?

Post by :FI:RULES » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:11 pm

:( Did a re-install of windows XP, and all went south...

Got most thing´s up and running again but still can´t download anything without it being corrupt.

Is there a known problem with this and is there anything that I can do?

If I have to I will reformat, but do I reformat the partition with windows or the whole thing? How do one do a reformat?

I´m such a tech n00b.....
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:52 pm

You should be able to re-format just the Windows partition. You will have to do this from the Windows CD (Windows can't format its own drive). Go into BIOS and check "Boot from CD" as first boot option.

Just make sure you understand the prompts and instructions . Use NTFS for formatting, and be careful.

You may have to re-register some programs with a new install of Windows.You could go through the registry and save those keys (Software) that you may need. Easier if you just have a record of your serials and re-enter them.

ProduKey is free software that retrieves Windows and MS Office serial keys.
http://www.nirsoft.net
Visit their site for more info and DL (kinda catch 22 that one if you got DL problems)
Have you tried Firefox or FDM for your downloads?
Maybe you can dL anything you may need from another PC.

Good luck.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 pm

tnx m8....i will do the dirty deed tomorrow ...
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:20 pm

It´s done...now to fix all settings...