Irish Skins For Download

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
Norris_D
Baby Boardie

Irish Skins For Download

Post by Norris_D » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:23 pm

If you want i could host your skins at my website i'm sure you've haerd of it
http://www.freewebs.com/skinsil2temp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then what you do is email me at davidmnuk@yahoo.co.uk with your skin and screenshot and it will work. !!!NOTE!!! do not include screenie is .zip unless it total's up to under 750kb although next Friday means that gets lifted!

Yay!
Cheers
SeaNorris
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:05 pm

Apologies, but I must admit to not having heard of your site before. The offer to host skins is of course appreciated, however at this time, I believe as a squad we are adequately catered for in terms of hosting, but one again, thanks for you kind offer.

If you are looking to participate in a squad on an on going basis, please feel free to continue to get involved in the various activies. Most importantly, meet us online...see what happens... talk to us see how some of us cuss... and others don't ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:31 pm

:)
He is very kindly offering a website for while il2skins is dwon.. can you tell i dont do english anymore :lol:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:41 pm

hey norris!

welcome to the bar mate!

i had a look over at your site, good stuff!
^:)

only thing, is that annoying clockthingy :roll:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:37 am

Yep Norris_D,

Good looking Skinnys , got them installed,

be welcome Lad

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Welcome....

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:49 am

But I have to ask...

Why ask for permission, when you seem to have already taken the liberty of "storing" (read crosslinking) some of the banners on your site already?

:?: :-k :?:

And to be frank, the clock thing, and the falling leaves are a bit over the top, if you were to ask me.

I understand that you seem to be eager, but wouldn't it be better to ask prior to hosting anything on your site that wasn't yours?

Cheers.

Sna"mostly confused"phoo
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:19 pm

Took all your feedback

Not one answered the question. Your skins on the fourm would be great to have on the site.
Norris_D
Baby Boardie

Post by Norris_D » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:21 pm

Sorry that GUEST is by me.
Forum Junky

Actually, they did answer you... :)

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:35 pm

:FI:Gurberly wrote:Apologies, but I must admit to not having heard of your site before. The offer to host skins is of course appreciated, however at this time, I believe as a squad we are adequately catered for in terms of hosting, but one again, thanks for you kind offer.
I could be wrong, but this looks to me to be a "no thank you" on your offer to "host". As we seem to have hosting covered at this time. If I'm wrong, someone please say something. In addition to appologies for not knowing of your site.
:FI:Gurberly wrote:If you are looking to participate in a squad on an on going basis, please feel free to continue to get involved in the various activies. Most importantly, meet us online...see what happens... talk to us see how some of us cuss... and others don't ;)

G
This, I believe is an invite to fly with us online.

Now what about my question of your "hosting" all of the FI banners on your site prior to an answer to your request of usage of FI's skins?
Last edited by :FI:Snaphoo on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got red on you.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:12 pm

S!

First of all, i think it´s great that now when il2skins is down, someone is doing a community a favour, by hosting skins, for everyone to download ^:)

But when it comes to :FI:-skins, i think it´s needless to host them, because

a) usually FI-skins are pretty much FI-related... Irish markings, squadron´s insignia, squadrons distinctive colours.... So i doubt, if any non-FI have any use of them...

b) When FI makes a FI-skin, the normal procedure is to email that skin, for anyone, who want´s it... so there´s no point of hosting them...

However, i do have a few non-FI skins, and few FI-skins, which national markings can be changed to historically correct, if u want ´em...
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Norris_D
Baby Boardie

Post by Norris_D » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:25 pm

That would be fantastic! davidmnuk@yahoo.co.uk please for my page!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:03 pm

If individuals wish to send you their own personally created skins, they are more than welcome to do so. It is their work and where it is presented and displayed is entirely up to them.

I will take issue with non members presenting themselves as offering services under the :FI: banner without the collective agreement of the FI squad or at least of the green men.

Your http://www.freewebs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; account seems to be frozen at the moment? If you are looking at providing a service with a high volume of downloads, you may wish to look at alternative hosting solutions.

If you are looking to get involved in the squad, then please follow the usual proceedure of joining the squad first ;)

I'm normally more friendly on Tuesdays :)
I fear no beer

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:03 pm

down Gurb ol'string!

by the way,

why ARE all our banners in Norris' site?

Fal "What da Hey!?" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:12 pm

oh yhea!

oh dear, I`m gettin comfuzzalized again :?
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Forum Junky

I went to your site again Norris_D...

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:06 am

And got this...

But I do find it odd that you have never responded to the question about the FI banners. Just to be direct, as you seem to have ignored my last two questions regarding this particular subject.

Why did you place the FI banners on your site without the knowledge of FI or permission from the appropriate FI personel?
You've got red on you.