War has never been so much fun

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

War has never been so much fun

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:16 pm

If this is true these soldiers should be court marshalled imho

http://www.pardon.pl/artykul/1136/amery ... udzi_wideo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just watch the video...

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:09 pm

oh dog

f***
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:44 pm

My God! I agree if those were unarmed people they killed those Marines must be tried as criminals. If that is true it is very disturbing. Joy shooting has no place for a professional soldier. :x
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Or ANY

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:32 pm

soldier for that matter... as I reckon it's most the unprofessional ones that partake in such pastimes....

This is what happens when you put overly trained young men with guns in a powerful situation where they feel threatened and obliged to perform....

T'would be a better army if all of the soldeirs were newtered.

:badgrin:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Or ANY

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 pm

My dad used to tell me any kind of organization that we men make will always be made up of men/women, and for every person there is at least one as#hole.
I always said huh! But after many years I understood what he meant.
Last edited by :FI:IceFrog on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

WTF is this?

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 am

Neither I can read Polish nor understand what the soldiers were talking there (apart of "b***h", "dude", "f****d people", "CEASE FIRE!").

What I saw was apparently US soldiers shooting people from a roof with their rifles (and some kind of rocket launcher) and cheering themselves after they ceased the fire like little boys after playing a FPS game. For some people the boundries between reality and virtuality seems to be fluent ...

Personally I doubt that no "unarmed people were hurt during the shooting" ...

My two Pfennige :(
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:35 am

Well, the text says that they were people killed and im not sure if you can deduct that they were unarmed. What strikes me most is the joy with which the "soldiers" are shooting at people. Like a shooting range competition - look, I got this one, and I got this one, etc. Kinda treating the people on receiving ends of their rifles like rabbits at which you shoot for fun.
Yuck....
ImageImageImage
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:38 am

Not exactly the way to win the hearts and minds of the local populace :? .

Not knowing whats taken place before can sometimes give you the wrong idea of what is taking place.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:40 am

Treu, but anyhow, it's kinda wicked...
ImageImageImage
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:43 am

:FI:Macca wrote:Treu, but anyhow, it's kinda wicked...

Alas, its your average 19yr old uniformed male with a rifle syndrome.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:57 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote: Alas, its your average 19yr old uniformed male with a rifle syndrome.
Vin
As someone else said before don’t know the whole story behind this one.
Anyway my son is in the marines and whenever I go to visit him on the base I amazed at how young they all look, even the so-called old grunts look like kids to me.
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:51 pm

I think I heard one of the Marines in the clip mention something about a sniper. Maybe they were shot at and decided to shoot everything in sight. Just speculating here, but that's no excuse for that kind of action. I saw a documentary called The Ghosts of Abu Gharib and the lame excuse by one of the female guards whose photo was taken with her smiling over a dead inmate was this- "I always smile when someone takes my picture" :roll: I think there are too many psychos in the US Armed Forces and too many insurgents who are psycho...hell, that whole war is psycho! I suppose that any war brings out the beast in what would be an upstanding person.

Altar-God I sound like a bloody Hippie-Boy.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
2step
Baby Boardie

Post by 2step » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 pm

In tepmting fate ,as i feel i may alienate myself here , i feel as a former soldier I must speak up.

In this form of combat arena, The high stress of anyone at anytime slapping out an ak and making it spit lead uhnaimed , soldier are told to return fire with prejudice. It has happened in every conflict we have ever had. This war just gets allot more inside knowledge due to masss media.

The insurgents over there fire blindly , trusting " allah " to guide their bullets. If their kid comes thruough the door as the shoot at the coalition forces and gets hit by their ak fire, its " allah's " will, and the US is to blame.

So what do you do ? some jerk fires a weapon in your direction hitting anything he can and blaming the friendly fire on you anyway?
You return fire with prejudice. anyone dumb enough to come near the fire fight becomes fair game, just because it may ne reinforcements.

The cheering and banter of these guys tells me one or more of their group has been hit before, and this is how they deal with that stress, which is encouraged because we'd rather they cheer than keep it all in and return home to crack and go blow away a post office or a luby's caffeteria.

Killing innocents is wrong, as a video on youtube showed some private secutirty force riding arround shooting cars, But killing someone coming to a firefight is simply either reinforcements or some real dumb f*** . either way the world is a better place.

In closing, the Army says I am to old to go back in. so I must trust my Brother-in-law who is there with 1st Cav. now. God speed !

/soap box
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:11 pm

2step wrote:Killing innocents is wrong, as a video on youtube showed some private secutirty force riding arround shooting cars, But killing someone coming to a firefight is simply either reinforcements or some real dumb f*** . either way the world is a better place.

In closing, the Army says I am to old to go back in. so I must trust my Brother-in-law who is there with 1st Cav. now. God speed !
Yes, I think I forgot to include the psychological moment of the whole scene (on both sides of course). Maybe it explains the cheers and banters after the encounter as some kind of relief. I´ve never been in such situation before so I can´t tell anything about it ...

Anyway, this video scared me off a bit since it shows to how human beings are able to (re-)act ... maybe I´d do the same? Who knows ...?

Talking of your brother-in-law I hope he´ll return soon ... :-k
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:18 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:
Anyway, this video scared me off a bit since it shows to how human beings are able to (re-)act ... maybe I´d do the same? Who knows ...?
I think it is the essence, what you've just said, Gen.

M
ImageImageImage