Chevy loses fight with MY "foreign" car..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Chevy loses fight with MY "foreign" car..

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Da wiff got hit yesterday by a lil high schooler twit.... The lil girlie was runnin about 30mph when she smacked the Volvo. Da wiff isn't even sore today. :D

Preliminary damage estimate to Volvo is $2000! Battery acid all over the impact area and the FIBERGLASS :roll: tailgate cover is busted as well.

Her car.. :badgrin:

THEN to add insult to injury, the damned FWPD doesn't "investigate" so called "accidents"! They won't hesitate to write a speeding ticket for 5 mph over the limit, but some silly thing such as obvious innattention to detail and reckless driving is OK! The girly that was driving was ina hurry to get her friend to work because her friend was already LATE for work! The damned cop filled a little dab of paper with their insurance info and told me he had to get going becasue he had a call about some lady "soliciting". It was DAMN hard for me not to say something inappropriate at that point.

Now I'm fighting with their chickensh*t insurance company to get a rent car lined up so we can go on our Christmas trip to Missouri.
:evil: Naturally, they're stalling at every turn.

The obviously hispanic lady at their insurance company found out that I too know how to talk trash in Mexican yesterday. :badgrin:

I'm probably goinng to have to file the claim through my carrier to get anything done in time for our plans to happen.
Last edited by :FI:WillieOFS on Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:05 pm

Damn, sorry to jhear that , Willie. I hope you will have it solved soon in the way which suits you best. I thought that insurance companies are robbers in this part of the woods only. I understand that nobody got hurt bodily. That's optimistic :)

Good luck and Merry Christmas :)

Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Not bad damage on the XC70

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:07 pm

but it'll cost bad.... $2,000 for a minor fender bender is a lot....

The 'newer' version will be a lot cheaper to fix ;)

The Chevy... what can I say? They don't make 'em like they used to :lol:

Glad to hear you are all safe and sound. Make sure you get a nice big comfy ride for your trip ;)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:18 pm

Modern cars these days crumple up like paper. My old man's car, a Vauxhall Viva is solid as a rock. My older bother took it for a spin and all those new cars kept at a distance. If they hit it they would be bawling for their mamas! Too bad about your accident Willie. Hope you still make it to your destination.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:22 pm

latest update..

The lil girlie has NO insurance. :? I do have uninsured motorist insurance though. I'm covered.

The lil girlie's mommy that owns the car called and said she and hubby were going to take care of my care for me since her brother in law works at a body shop. :lol:

I allowed that was mighty thoughtful but I thought I'd take the car to MY body shop of choice and they could pay my insurance company for the damages. She didn't like that answer. :badgrin:

Then she said it was my wife's fault for being stopped and causing her little girl to hit her. :shock: :roll: Then she got really nasty and I told her to have a nice day and I was sure that my insurance company and the State would contacting her. ;)

The state can revoke their driver's licences and their car tags. :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:36 pm

What? Driving without insurance? What kind of country is that? Here they line you up against a wall and shoot you several times. :badgrin: But really it's against the law here if you drive without an insurance and driver's permit. If you don't have insurance the Gestapo here impounds your car. Hey, Willie if that girl needs counseling send her over to the old AltarBoy's Driving School. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Glad you was not hurt Willie.
Here in California 95% of the time in accidents like this when it happens the other driver takes off running and you never see them again!
:x :x
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:11 pm

ahh yes, the great insurance scheme, they will sure take your money but take their damn time when it comes to helping you. :doubt:
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:02 pm

Willie,

Too bad about the accident. You're about to get a big surprise about the 'uninsured motorist' rider on your insurance policy; it wouldn't pay for fixing your car! I hope you had collision/comprehensive on your ploicy.....
One trick in this state about accidents with uninsured motorist..if they had an accident, they lose their drivers licence until the accident is paid off.

Igor da 'Been there!'
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Oh, it was your wife's fault because she was stopped...Makes perfect sence! I was hit by a school bus, I was in traffic, inline, at a stop light, and the bus driver told the police it was my fault...pretty freak'n gutsy...

Igor