Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:53 pm

cringe...
I was fighting this tank... I ran behind a container and he hadent seen me... I placed a mine behind him... then ran to the other side and placed one infront :badgrin: ... then I got shot by the guy who HAD seen me and had got out and waited *sigh*
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:18 am

If you go into the controls section andthen into vehicles and increase the mouse sensitivity it enables you to turn the turret faster.
There are alos hints about the pistol which relate I think to where you aim it I must admit to not having tried this out.
Follow link for more; http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/st ... ps_tricks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:03 pm

She was a rough night last night. :( That purple heart thingy seems like a real possibility now. :? You know it's bad when you parachute from a helicopter quite high up, finally remember to press "9" ;), only to land on top of a narrow barbed wire fence and die. :shock: Man, what are the chances of that happening? ](*,)

My new signature might start reading - "It's not YOUR skill buddy, I'M the real reason for your great stats." :homer:

TS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:54 pm

Ok finally have my video and sound options where I want them. I also re-mapped my controls, including expanding my MX510 8-button mouse. Tweaked my mouse sensitivities. Read more gaming tips, and drank lots of coffee. Bring on them there teenagers! :badgrin: :D

-----

A fellow PM me today over at Total Battlefield 2 and said if you use the Special Ops kit when being the Commander the other Commander cannot detect where you are when he does a general scan. Not sure if it is true or not - give it a shot.

TS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:36 pm

With new and improved button-mapping, quicker mouse response, and some training what a difference in my game . . . . not really. :( :D My K/D still generally sucks most rounds. If I wasn't so old and stubborn I would conclude that this is a young man's game. What did I say? My memory isn't what it use to be. ;)

I was looking at a BF2 poll recently, and noticed that the majority of gamers are teenagers or young 20 somethings. :? That would explain all the immature behaviour associated with this game. That plus all the war crazies I imagine that are associated with games like these. :roll: And not to mention why everyone is so much better at this silly game.

Tact - "20 points away from my first promotion" - S!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:51 pm

Makes you wonder if we should suggest servers only for the old crocks like you and me m8.
Park your zimmer at the door sort of thing.
Congrats on the promotion when it comes btw.
Is it unlock time and if so what goody are you going for?
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:54 pm

:FI:Spitsfire wrote:cringe...
I was fighting this tank... I ran behind a container and he hadent seen me... I placed a mine behind him... then ran to the other side and placed one infront :badgrin: ... then I got shot by the guy who HAD seen me and had got out and waited *sigh*
Sec Ops in a power boat trying to c4 a bridge (from underneath).
Couldnt reach the supports motored over to the bank jumped out too early and got run over by the boat :oops:
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:22 pm

:FI:Finbar1 wrote:Makes you wonder if we should suggest servers only for the old crocks like you and me m8.
Park your zimmer at the door sort of thing.
Congrats on the promotion when it comes btw.
Is it unlock time and if so what goody are you going for?
Are you also old Finbar1? I'm a slow 36 year old. How about your self mate? I know there lurks mean youngings around these parts like Moog and even that educated Macca - deadly folk at FPS. Joyce is deadly at CoD too, but would be a social mistake to ask for her age. No point asking about my Canadian mates SixxPak! and Crimson, as looking at their pics a while ago they're obviously on the steroid juice. :shock: :D

We need a BF2 ranked server called, "Helo Tactical Adventures" or something like that (no particular reason why it should be called "Helo" by the way). :lol:

A BF2 clan called Old Dirty Dogs (http://www.olddirtydogs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) has expressed an interest in me. I fear they're just after my old age cheque though. 8-[

TS!
Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:44 pm

There is also an OAP clan that I frequent :) seeing that I am knocking on 39 on Sunday :(
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:38 am

Stovies finally stats I can relate to. Thanks - knowing one isn't alone is oddly comforting. ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 am

Stovies,where do you get the statistics from( I mean is there any software that creates such banners with a given player's stats?)

Macca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:14 pm

Back from the woods ;)

I had my 27th birthday (or 21 plus "a few" months, as i like to call it) last tuesday... man, that was the worst birthday of my life :lol:

Are we playing bf2 tomorrow, before machine match?
Stovies,where do you get the statistics from
Macca, try these:

http://bf2.ogn.com.au/getsig.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bf2sig.l0ser.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bf2.gamedrome.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (requires registration)

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:16 pm

Thx Sapper and Happy Birthday!!!

Macca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:41 pm

Thx macca! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:01 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Back from the woods ;)

I had my 27th birthday (or 21 plus "a few" months, as i like to call it) last tuesday... man, that was the worst birthday of my life :lol:
Congrats, Sapper! Gimme a stout and some crisps, please ... ;)

Cheers, Juha! :beer:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image