Fishin' wit da wiff..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:18 am

Wot's a TENCH? :oops:

Over here the Muskies are the largest of the freshwater barracudas. :badgrin:

No idea what the record is. All I know is all the sumbitches gots big teef. :lol:

A 50 lb'er :shock: FFS that would be a sight!!

My granpa used to say a "sight" was a gnat's ass stretched over a wagon wheel! :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:59 am

Where abouts in surrey? :)
I think my uncle caught the recorrd for his town, I believe around the 30 mark!
He caught it and realising how big it was decided it was a keeper... but he wanted it live so he could put it back so that it may be caught again... dilema!
So he ran home(just up the road) and ran back with a wheelbarrow, filled it with water, then brought the fish home and put it in his bath, then he rang the local paper, in the meantime my great aunt came homw after a hard days work in the mood for a bath, apparently you could hear the resulting scream from a few miles off as she discorved this huge pike aready bathing :lol:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:01 am

Lol Willie,, Do tend to forget that there are just a "few" differrent species of fish on the planet :oops: , and that most of em don't reside within 50 miles from my home :)

Tench (flash latin name TInca Tinca) Wierd fish,, they grow up to about 16 pound in the UK, In Europe about 20. They are like a British racing green colour with Red eyes!!!! They fight like hell for their size and if you get into a shoal of em you can catch loads in a session, they are fun to catch!! They dont like daylight too much so early mornings or evenings are the best, or an overcast day.

Spits, Papercourt is the name of the lake and it's in Ripley, which is near Gulidford. It's about 32 acres in size and is a watersports centre,, I have caught boats b4 now!!! :oops:

Pike in a bath roflol,,, I'm just imagining the look on your Aunts face when she saw it heheheheh.. Anyone's face come to think of it :) A true heart stopper methinks.

Yes the buggers have got sharp teeth, I've got the frigin scars to prove it:)
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:21 am

traditional X-mas dish - carp in many Polish houses is kept for some time in the bathtub for few days..., it cause some logistics problems with washing, so the fish had to be decapited in the proper time to prepare it and allow family members to have a bath before X-mas Eve supper, now it is easier (than e.g.20years ago) to buy it 'just before', so this tradition is dying... cf. post about ppl born before 1986 ;)

but still picture of fish in a bath is not so odd here ;)

I wonder where that fish has gone.
(...)
Ooooh, fishy, fishy, fishy fish!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:00 pm

:lol:
Ianus: I live about 1/2 hour from Guildford :)
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:09 pm

M8, more than welcome if you got the time to come down for a chinwag... Have you got a laptop with a satellite link (yeah like we all got one of them :) ) A fantasy of mine is to be Carp fishing whilst online playing IL2 lol,, it can be a long time between bites :oops:
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:21 am

no... got a long bit of cable though :-k
;)
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:27 am

maybe Wi-Max :-k would be simplier option ;) or some Edge and familiar technologies via cell phones operators, well even gprs should allow playing online? and allmost everywhere they have international roaming of that service :)
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:52 pm

no... got a long bit of cable though
Think we might get some latency issues ther m8 lol.

Bloke who I go with regularly is in to MOH bigtime! We have thought of taking laptops and a cable :D

Another m8 when he goes for a long stay DOES take satellite TV with him plus a dvd, a bed more comfortable than the one at home,, sorta getting away from the spirit of fishin ssometimes imho though :oops:
maybe Wi-Max would be simplier option or some Edge and familiar technologies via cell phones operators, well even gprs should allow playing online? and allmost everywhere they have international roaming of that service
Thing is I'de have em all if I had more of the dreaded four letter word, errr, beer vouchers!! :beer: