Considering a Monitor

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Grecian
Postmaster

Considering a Monitor

Post by Grecian » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:36 pm

Due to bieng almost always skint :( I am thinking about chancing an E-Bay purchase, know little about specs, all double-dutch to me :?

Anybody care to comment on this one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 79792&rd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:41 pm

Just to point out that the seller states VAT will be added to purchase price and that the delivery charge is £40 on top of the selling price, so even at the current bid of £60, you need to budget circa £120 for what is a second hand monitor... albeit a bloody big one.

A 21" CRT will way a frigging tonne. I would want help just to lift one.

If you can save a few more pennys, you'd be in the market for a 17" LCD (equivelant to a 19"CRT) at £160.... a few penny's more at probably circa £200 for a 19"LCD (equivelant to a 21" CRT) ..and that's new, not second hand.

Unless you really want it, I'd give that one a miss.

G
I fear no beer

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:36 pm

$199USD new over here. Plus freight I would imagine.
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Sun_21_Sony ... _1383_25mm
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Sun May 01, 2005 12:50 am

This offer is near me so I could collect, I paid £120 for my current 17" FS CRT monitor, dont want to chuck more money in, with no benefit, my understanding is the bigger the better? broadly speaking, would like to have a 42" Plamsa, but dreaming, so am looking for VFM.

Willie your lucky u live in the Good ol US of A, u have now idea of the costs, compared to the UK, u lucky SOB :D
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun May 01, 2005 4:11 am

I do consider myself fortunate that I live here. However, all that glitters is not golden.

Things are FAR from perfect here, AND what REALLY makes me yearn for the "old country" is the dearth of old architecture. No real pub's either, just someone's idea of how it should be or "redneck honkytonk" bars.. :?

It is nice to drive 75mph down a 4 lane hiway though ( even if we do it on the "wrong" side). :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun May 01, 2005 6:57 am

If you can pick up, I'd be tempted to go for it.

Hope it fits in your car.

Maybe offer your xisting monitor in part exchange ;)

G
I fear no beer

Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue May 03, 2005 1:35 am

I was really lucky when my friend came home with a 17" screen from work - the PC burned out and the monitor was 'spare', so he took it home for me :D

It's now also the best part of my computer system, luckily also the most looked at :D (it's an Acer 77c if anyone cares to know :D)
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!