Prague... anyone been there?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Prague... anyone been there?

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:29 pm

Me and my GF are going there next summer, so does anybody have any good ideas, what to do there? Any cool places to visit?

(And with "cool", i dont mean theatres, operas and stuff like that) :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:18 pm

8) I have a friend that lives there...
Will ask him about it....Posting as soon as I´v heard from him ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:40 pm

roger that, thanks mate!
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:57 pm

oh, prag!
nice town, been there 13 years ago. good beer! some good jazzclubs (took me 2 days to get out of one :lol: :lol: ).
if you're in prag come down and visit good old vienna. i live between prag and vienna, can show you some nice bars in the city :D :D .

:FI:Cider
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Hmmm...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:58 pm

Praha?

The nightlife there is PRETTY and good ;) :lol:

Might be an idea to keep the GF away from the upper end of Wenceslas Square after 6pm in the evening... it's just sex tourism stuff then... interesting though :oops:

:)

There's the Bridge... the Castle and the Church with the funny little mechanical guys that come out to play every hour.... and then there is Czech Beer :)

Oh... and please do not forget to order 'Beer Cheese' it is a wonder of modern science and a culinary delicasy!

:)

You'll have a ball there m8!
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:25 pm

Hmmm, let´s put that on consideration, Cider ;)

Yeah, i´ve heard that the beer is cheap, and the nightlife is pretty good out there, but i cant be drunk 5 days in a row... well... i could, but there´s just this one problem with that... it´s called "the girlfriend" :lol:
Beer Cheese
:shock:

Sounds terrible... oh well... as we say in Finland: You should try everything at least once, exept your mom and your sister :lol: :roll: :oops: krhm....
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Hmmm, let´s put that on consideration, Cider ;)

Yeah, i´ve heard that the beer is cheap, and the nightlife is pretty good out there, but i cant be drunk 5 days in a row... well... i could, but there´s just this one problem with that... it´s called "the girlfriend" :lol:
Beer Cheese
:shock:

Sounds terrible... oh well... as we say in Finland: You should try everything at least once, exept your mom and your sister :lol: :roll: :oops: krhm....
*cough* well if you have a sister.. .feel free to introduce me ;)
I fear no beer

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 am

Yep been to Prague, my suggestion DONT take the GF :D
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 am

my suggestion DONT take the GF
:lol: Like i have any choice :lol:

And Gurb, you dirty old man, my little sister might be just a little too young for you :lol:
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:02 pm

As well as the beer the food is cheap, dont use the taxis unless you have to as they tend to rip you off,the Charles Bridge is great early in the day before the crowds,the Castle is good for the view of the city,you get lots of parties,from the UK on the piss as you do in Amsterdam,and Dublin.Learn to use the Trams,if your there for a while.Stews with Dumplings were a favourite,as was the beer,most of all look at the buildings the kind you dont see in the rest of Europe cos (cough,cough) some blokes in bombers blew them up in WW2.
Have fun:)
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:18 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:
my suggestion DONT take the GF
:lol: Like i have any choice :lol:

And Gurb, you dirty old man, my little sister might be just a little too young for you :lol:
Mmm ... well how old is your mum then :badgrin:

G
I fear no beer

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:26 pm

Mmm ... well how old is your mum then
:lol: =D]
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:56 pm

My eldest daughter went there a few years ago. Two of the things that impressed her were a visit to the Theresenstad (sp?) concentration camp site, and a cathedral decorated entirely with human bones. I don't think either of these are in prague itself, but they are easy to get to from there.
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:02 pm

Dont know your GF,but if you want a romantic start to the evening take her to the rooftop terrace of the "U-Prince hotel on the square about 100 meters from the clock.Its right up the top with a good view and they serve cocktails.
Worked for me ;)
Just pink and fluffy

Yup..

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:25 am

I was up there on the rooftop terrace pub thingy.. pretty nice view ain't it Finbar?

Oh yeah... another thing... keep you hands on your wallet. There are a lot of pickpockets there these days.... most of them are young women offering themselves, but also looking for an opportunity to dip into your pockets without any sort of mutual transaction taking place.... :roll:

If you are renting an apartment, ask the company to have a cab meet you at the airport - should cost around 500 local or thereabouts - otherwise, like someone already said, the taxis will screw you.....
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde