The ongoing JG42 war

Dates, News and Comments

Should we skip the Moscow and move over to the Bessarabia campaign as soon as possible?

Yeah, let's move immeadiately!
25%
Yeah, ... but give Moscow further two weeks before moving over!
6%
Naw, me loves Moscow! Let's fight there to the bitter end!
44%
Where da beer ... again?
25%

Total votes: 16
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Re: The ongoing JG42 war

Post by Nephris » Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi guys,
hope you enjoyed the evening as we did.
A lot of scrap was created again deep in enemy territory.
The Il2 Fieldmod is and keeps staying a nasty red bitch....but I noticed a MK108 is proper tin knocker than the MgFF is ;)

As u noticed I turned the resupply rate for planes down to 0.5 x plane/squadron/mission for testing sake.

Dunno why we had the connection issue at beginning of the second mission, somehow the server commander database didnt delete the deathkick pilots...well at the end it worked anyhow.

As I already posted, I will be off in the the next 3 weeks. Means we will start again at 9th June.
Although I will return at 2.June, I doubt I will be fancy to play Il2 after 1000 km being on the road the same day :doubt:
Maybe you can get in contact to the blue pilots to organize some alternatives to keep the almost traditional sunday evenings rollin´

The single stats for each mission and the main frontline map is up2date and linked via my signature again.

Intel Data for next mission (9.6.2013)
Soviet troops have captured Shakovskaya (K-15).
Heavy fighting reported at Uvarovka Airstrip (K-10).
Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Peredel Airstrip (M-8).
Heavy fighting reported at Klimov Zavod (H-3).
Heavy fighting reported at Dorokhovo (O-10).

Logfiles from 19.02 -12.05
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:06 am

Yes, another fun session for us too, Nephris - thank you as always. Hope you enjoy your time in the south. Have fun in the sun and with your relations.

One more FYI before we forget about it. We experienced several lost planes today because of spawning on top of static aircraft. Don't know all the details yet but we will gather them & let you know. Hopefully you can reverse this "penalty" and add these planes back to our squadrons. :D

Cheers and safe travels!
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon May 13, 2013 12:59 am

We experienced several lost planes today because of spawning on top of static aircraft
That is really strange, after the past reversion, when we changed from winter to summer time,
I moved all static planes off the spawn points.

Maybe you want to ckeck the "masterfile" with all available static planes in the editor with "Show Spawn Points" enabled. Really wondering how pilots can spawn on static planes.
Probably u can connect the refering airfield with the static in the master file.

Masterfile
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:46 am

We'll take a look at the recordings, and also try to use your file to study the problem. Thanks for the tip!
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Well I've created a little beta site, http://www.fibow.co.uk/il2stats/ that contains* all of the statistics based on the log files from our JG42 war.

The statistics were extracted from the log files using a little parser, "IL2 Log Parser" I wrote which is available as an open source project at https://il2logparser.codeplex.com/. The log parser is a beta version and needs to be tidied up and modularised but I thought it was better to get something up and running first.

The statistics are stored in a MS SQL Database and displayed using ASP.Net. I will open source the ASP.Net later in the week and the database once I have improved the internal structure.

The log parser has extracted over 5,900 game events from the logs. These game events include players joining the server, takeoff/landings,plane flow, loadout, fuel, flight time, destroying ground targets, shooting down aircraft and of course being shot down.

Where appropriate the type of target attacked/destroyed, the attackee (AI/Human name) and the map coordinates are also recorded.

In nearly all cases the parser will utilise the game event log and mission file to determine the actual object involved thus eliminating the unknown or static objects that occur in other parses. There are a small number of these left but I will correct these over the next few days.

Currently the site is very basic and not very pretty. Over the next 1-2 weeks I would like to concentrate on improving the site appearance (any CSS guys out there???) and adding additional reports, views, statistics etc.

I'm looking for some help, feedback, suggestions on what you would to like to see/don't like. If you want to help send me a pm or grab me on TS or HyperLobby.

If you look at http://www.fibow.co.uk/il2stats/ReleaseSchedule.aspx you will see a list of known issues for the web site which I would like to tackle first.

Is there a way we can share this post with the Blue side in the War?

* The log files from the 31st March and 7th April are not included as the format of these logs is different from the other logs. I think these different logs are from those days that Nephris ran the war on a different server/ game version. I may review them later and see if there is way they can be parsed.
Graf Zahl
Baby Boardie

Post by Graf Zahl » Wed May 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Nice work, Armitage!
:FI:Armitage wrote:Is there a way we can share this post with the Blue side in the War?
Consider it done.
By the way, our Forum is here: http://il2-club.forenworld.eu
(at least that's the home of Il2 Club aka BSE - and our secret planning board for all blue operations is hidden there somewhere...)

Cheers!

GZ
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed May 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Really great work Eamonn, looks great. Some of the logic needs work but we ( that is you :lol: ) can work on that!

My own stats for air kills looks very flattering but cannot be right :lol: it says I have shot down 24 Ju52's if I read it right? I have downed a couple, so maybe it's counting crew killed? On the other hand I have shot down several Stukas but they don't appear. Also I appear to have landed more times than I have taken off, which is a clever trick if you can manage it :D
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 pm

I have a little problem with the TakeOffs/Landing.

Not sure about the multicrew planes.

I'll check.

Keep the issues coming and I will resolve.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 am

Stats bear little resemblance to what I have experienced Eammon :? . I'm sure you will get them sorted though ;)

Till then I'll stick to http://nephris.ath.cx/il2sc_stat/index.php which other than no AI kills logged, seem to reflect what I have actually observed.

Good luck M8.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu May 16, 2013 1:54 pm

On the other hand I have shot down several Stukas but they don't appear
I've fixed this. Issue relates to how IL2 records certain objetcs in the IL2 Event Log vs the IL2 Mission File vs Ground/Air objects.

I also corrected the issue were some ground objects such as the T34 were recorded as 34 and Bf-110Cs were recorded as 110C.

I will update the stats when I get home tonight.

I will work on the landed/takeoff issue tonight.
Till then I'll stick to http://nephris.ath.cx/il2sc_stat/index.php which other than no AI kills logged, seem to reflect what I have actually observed
Its sort of accurate for Air kills but not for Ground Kills or AI kills. If you look at me then depending on which page you look at I have destroyed either 40 obejcts (main page), 152 on the detail page. Neither figure is correct.

I would like if everyone tried to use the new version and reported any issues.

You can report issues at https://il2logparser.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic . You may need to register first.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Nice work buddy! =D]
How are the stats meant to be counted?
Just for the last mission or in total which I presume.
My stats for instance doesnt represent the correct numbers.
I know "Chaos" got same issues with his tool...dunno if he keeps workin ...I doubt.
So even better you keep the pace.

I could provide all objects and aircrafts and its points the game adds for kills.
This is a summary of all lists

Code: Select all

[Ships.G5]
com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$G5 100
[Ships.MO4]
com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$MO4 200
[Ships.BBK_1942]
com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Ship$BBK_1942 100
A-20C,150
A-20DB7,120
A-20G,150
A5M4,70

Artillery,T40S,Tank,30
Artillery,T60,Tank,30
Artillery,BT7,Tank,40
Artillery,M3A1Stuart,Tank,30
Artillery,M5A1Stuart,Tank,30
Get the 4 lists via this link
You will find a list with all airfields and their coordinates on the default maps aswell.

Extract wing tip smoke
I took Zwerg aside, ... he reinstalled his game, no more wingtip spam anymore ;)
Add Medals
Although I guess this is a light weight point, I could provide medal grafix we used earlier.
Just in case you want to step away from historical medals.

Ashame I never got really into sql,c# and whatever .... some real nice things one can do with it.
Thx for ya work.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 am

NO! [-X

Please don't tempt the FI with medals. This squad has an unhealthy plethora of brass polishing, epaulet stitching, citation writers. They will all go chasing shiny baubles, lose the war #-o and turn this forum into the inside of Fagan's treasure chest; every member displaying their garish 'jubilee' in their sigs. :evil:
:D

(have i just told the enemy our one true weakness?) #-o
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri May 17, 2013 11:41 am

I see...same disease and obsession in each squadron :D
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri May 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Please don't tempt the FI with medals.
I don't need medal.....I already know I'm better than the rest of you... ;)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Oh no, the truth is out, see my sig :lol:
Olegs stalker