Libya 1941

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Libya 1941

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:22 am

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:As you probably know Frank you can reduce the flight distances, provided there are airbases closer to the frontline. If need be you can reassign flights to particular airbases. Up the neutral flights if the lads' machines are up to the challenge, as this really adds atmosphere and becomes more of a challenge on flight decision-making (i.e., deviate from the objective).
Good hints, mate! I´ve done that and therefore restarted the campaign. Let's see what we could do now ... :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm

looking forward to this
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 am

:FI:Armitage wrote:i think the allies are losing.
Folks!

As far as I know they actually did in 1941 due to the lopsided amount of military vehicles and other circumstances. Unfortunately the DCG campaign reflects this perfectly (!) so flying for the red side always means to do suicidal sorties. As a blue pilot I'm honestly not happy with this situation since the outcome of every mission is too obvious. I could restrict the number of flights down to a minimum number but I'm afraid that it won't change anything on the general situation in this campaign.

So, here's my question: should we continue this campaign (after further modification on the mission parameters) or should we start to fly manually created COOP missions again?

Let me know what you think, folks! :D

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:19 am

Sorry I missed last night - had a slight accident on Friday and spent most of the afternoon in A&E :lol: Doctors orders to sit with my foot up for a few days so Mrs Nellip banned me from flying with you lot!

As someone who does a lot of manual missions - I love DCG :D

You can get lots of campaigns for DCG right? How about we do one with a slightly more balanced starting point for both sides?
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Keep going with the DCG its great fun. Allies were slightly out numbered last night. At one stage I counted 6 allies and 32 axis.

I think we all the allies were killed except Richard who someone managed to crash land his plane with no wings and walk away.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Cant wait til we get the Fiarey Battle,Hey Fankie how's about a auld ground attack mission for the reddie's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_O5sWnz824

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNfniAej ... re=related
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Cant wait til we get the Fiarey Battle
some thing with cannons would be nice. Hitting those italian bombers with hurri mgs was a waste of time
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 am

Folks!

Since really nothing serious has changed on the biased situtation in this campaign I´ve decided to leave this scenario and move to a different theatre and year ...

I hope you don't mind ... :?

Gen

Image Image