New PC Buid

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Re: New PC Buid

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Hmmm!

Most of the other suppliers say end of March.

Also the Asus MB is now an order item from Scan !!!!!!

I can get it elsewhere but it can make returning things a problem if you get components from different sources. Each blames the others parts for your problem should you have one.

Looks like my 50th will pass without a new machine :(
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

why don't you wait till wednesday and see if overclockers have them drives in, if so order your drive and mobo and if you are unlucky enough to get a faulty part i'll have almost the same machine for testing.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Funny enough I went on overclockers forums and there was lots of complaints about the Asus board. I know you get that everywhere but I decided to order a similar MSI one anyway.
I may get a small Sata 2 SSD just as a backup until the faster one is out. Enough to get the op system on and maybe a flight sim....dunno which :) and I can have a birthday present thats not socks 8)

Have a list ready to order but I may as you say wait until the 23rd and see.

......and i'm not bringing my tasteful little machine near that monster dinosaur case you have. :lol:
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm

whats wrong with it. i got one of them 3d monitors anaw. it really does stick out!

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 pm

What board did you/are you getting Mikester?
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Asus P8P67 PRO
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Can you explain the differences in all the ASUS P8P67...the M, M-Pro, LE, Deluxe? Prices are different, but the overview they seem to offer the same stuff, a bit baffled.

Matt
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 pm

No but this guy can :)
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 am

Gadje

spoke to overclockers this morning. They asked me to call back around 10:30 they are still expecting these drives in today.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 pm

You must've been quick on the draw, those pro models are gone. Looks like the M models aren't as good and too small for legit video and the higher end stuff is just getting too expensive. Just gonna have to wait a couple more days (or weeks) for the next batch to be released.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Mikey

Looks like only a trickle of Vertex III are being sent to the UK. OC uk are saying if you paid for it a while ago you might get one otherwise "Two weeks be sure" :D Going up in price too!
Can't be arsed waiting. I can leave the bathroom half built for years but a week is too long for my computer.

Eventually decided on the next best thing, a Crucial C300 6GB/s 128gb SSD. Ordered with a GTX570 and a copy of 'Rise of Putputs' Iron Cross for tomorrow.

So by December I might have it all working :awkward: ](*,) #-o
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 pm

ill hold on another couple of days. see if these arse holes get then in. Failing that ill just get an alternate. If they are gonna mess people around with price and delivery they can shove them up !!! well you know.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am

Update

Well it is up and running. Can't believe the speed of this thing ..... well my old machine was a single core pentium 4. Cart horse to Ferrari.

RoF is on and CoD coming but I have been getting Hsfx modded Il-2 running as well as I can first. Apart from dropping to 40fps at the bad bit of 'The black Death' track (it was 11) it maintains the monitor refresh rate at 60, or with vsync off about 150 that is with AF at 16, AA at 32 and all the mod and config goodies on, res 1920 x 1200. Well is was a long wait but ffs!.

So thats stock speed. I started o/c ing it last night, really easy on these Sandybridge, and got it from 3.3ghz to 4.4ghz on auto volts temps 50C running prime95. Crapped out at 4.5 but a wee volt increase showing 1.32v and it's solid.
Tonight I'll see how high it will go, plenty of safe voltage left but at near stock volts at those temps at 4.5ghz I think I'll probably leave it there. Sounds like CoD will still trouble it though.

Then for the GTX570 overclock :D . This is more fun than flying but as a geeky, nerdy, old fat-man that fits the mould the women of the house say.

(yeah and what's so cool about cushions, sea-shells, rocks, candles and effin crystals then ?!!!!!)

G
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 pm

can you remember what your temp was before OC? mine runs around 43-45 just want to check is this is normal. As for my CPU not done anything to this but OC'd my GPU clock speed. Gone from 750mhz to 848mhz. been running for days without any issues. will have a look at the CPU sometime soon.