How to go online & Ultrapack & HSFX

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
skc
Beginner

How to go online & Ultrapack & HSFX

Post by skc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:55 am

Guys,

1.) I have been given TS Address, Server Password, Port etc but how exactly do I go online? Do I start up il2, go to multiplay in il2 and proceed from there?
Is there some simple 'step by step' procedure.

2.) I have 4.09m in it's own folder and 409m/Ultrapack full (+-4.7Gig download!) install in another. Do I now need to download HSFX or can I use Ultrapack or at least 409m?
I see there is an HSFX folder within the Ultrapack version, il2 folder. Is it perhaps already installed and how do I access it? Also what advantage HSFX over Ultrapack?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for stupid question but I was told I could ask them! :oops:
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: How to go online & Ultrapack & HSFX

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:21 am

No Problems mate.

Firstly like you have said in your post you do go to multiplayer and when given enter the IP address of the person who is hosting the flights(usually our friendly germerman Frank :D ) but make sure that at the end of the IP address you have :21000 for the game port. When that is done click on join and you will connect up with the rest of us.

As for your ultrapack version we use the 2.01 version which has as switcher so we can fly with the HSFX setup or the Ultrapack setup and it also has it's own updater. It sounds as if you have the same so you hopefully shouldn't have too many problems there. When we fly we usually select the HSFX option in the switcher.

As for the advantages of HSFX over Ultrapack well I personally feel the Ultrapack is the better setup due to the updater and it has a few more mods already attached to it.

Lastly you want to download if you can find it the Zuti version 1.2 Mod which allows you to land and re-arm and re-fuel and is used in rolling dogfight games. we don't use it often but you can garantee the night you join up to fly it will be needed so it's a good idea to get it and install it so your ready.

Like Stu said if you have any probs then give us a shout and we will give you as much help as we can.

Here is the site address to the Zuti 1.2 mod http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,3089.0.html

Kev
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hi, skc! And welcome to the insanity. :roll:

Looks like Wardog beat me to the punch, but I'll add to it anyway.

To answer your 1st Question:
Joining online may be accomplished two ways. A) Through Hyperlobby (requires that the Host has started a server within HL). There you can join a mission in progress, or join a Coop Room and wait for the Host to start the thing, and B) When joining via IP Address, in the "Multiplay" screen of IL-2 (the game) click the "Join Server" button and enter the IP Address of the server. The IP addie is normally posted by Genosse for all the Sunday Sessions. You are also cordially invited to join the Hysterical Encounters sessions every Friday at 1900 hours (7:00pm/GMT-6) Mountain Time, and we'll provide the IP addie via Comms.

Response to 2nd Question:
Some of us have the HSFX v4.11, some of us have the Ultrapack. So far I don't recall any real issues between the two on Sundays. Fridays the HE sessions are flown with HSFX v4.11 only, to ensure compatability. Mostly a personal preference at this time.
That said, you most likely will notice some anomolies regardless which method you use. It's all a part of the "game" of Mods.

My current setup includes seperate installations of IL-2 v4.09m and an HSFX v4.11 mod.

With any type (HSFX or Ultrapack) go to your game folder in explorer, look for the "jsgme.exe" file and send to desktop. It creates an icon for the JSGME utility. Open it.
Within the utility GUI will be a list in the Left-hand pane of all mods included with your version of HSFX or Ultrapack. Click any one of them and move it to the Right-hand pane to enable it. Alternatively you can move all at once by clicking the ">>" button.
You can disable any one, or all, using the same method to move the mods to the Right-hand panel.

It's important to show up a bit early to any session to establish which additional mods, if any, the host will be using. This helps ensure a timely start for missions (right :roll: ) and allows for an opportunity to troubleshoot and hopefully correct any improper installs that may prevent you from joining.

Hope this helps.

Helo
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 am

What they said + 1

Welcome to the forum's =D]
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Ah Declan the man of few words LOL ;) :lol: :lol:

Kev
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:00 pm

welcome.

best thing is to start up teamspeak and and join us there.

we can guide you through any issues (pc only :-) )
skc
Beginner

Post by skc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 am

Fi: Helego, Wardog et al.
Thanks for your feedback on this which clarifies things somewhat.
I was waiting for my email to notify me and obviously had not clicked "Notify when a reply is posted" All part of the (never ending) learning curve I guess!
Hope to link up when I get a gap and the family out of my hair!