Team Match application

Dates, News and Comments
Sola
Beginner

Team Match application

Post by Sola » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Greeting, pilots of =FI=

Please forgive my impudence, I make this post to apply a match between your sqd and my Chinese sqd SGI.

Before start the topic I would like to talk a little history for me and your sqd. Honestly I mostly know nobody here but =FI=Rambo, I think we have known each other for a year, before he joined this sqd, his gentle character and his excellent skill impressing me a lot. When I studied in USA, I was told that he joined this sqd and a lot of good players from all over the world are here. Since then, I was thinking that, why do not we 2 sqd hold a friendly match to have more fun?

I returned to China in May and met my sqd members. So maybe now we can start such match? It wont be a large match, maybe each side will have about 4 players flying. We can do 1-life fight or time-limited fight.

Please tell me if you are interest in this match, if you do, we can talk about the rule in detail later.

Thank you very much,

Best regard,

SGI_Schnee(RAF_Sola)
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: Team Match application

Post by :FI:Mikester » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Sola,

I would be interested in a match. How many players you thinking of?

we could get around 6 players maybe more. What planes do you like to fly?

might I suggest we try doing a coop agains each other. we have a list of planes of equil abilities we could use for this match.

Lets say 5-6 players on each side and the idea would be to fly towards the enemy short flight maybe 5 mins till we meet. Last team still flying wins. We can fly 4 or 5 of these missions in a session. Each last around 15-20 mins.

What day and time would you like? We could do Thursday,Friday, Sat, Sun. Most nights wouldn't be a problem if this is pre-arranged. 7pm until 12pm GMT

Keep it simple for now see how it goes.

speak to you soon

Mike
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Maybe mike you can email the different matches we have,so that Sola can practice with his squad and it will be no surprise on the night
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:26 am

yeah not a problem. Can E-mail you missions once we decide on plane set.
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi Gents.

I am so glad that you have interest in this match, so lets fix some issues here:

1. About the time, for you may know that all of SGI members live in China except 1 guy in Ukraine, and unfortunately he will be away in next weekend. So the best time for us is next Friday night, which means June 25 evening and night. But since the time zone of China is GMT+8, so GMT 7pm to 12pm means 3am to 8am in China, therefore I wonder if we can make this match a little earlier? Like 1 or 2 hours earlier will be fine for us, and the game may last less than 2 hours.

2. About the server. I dont know if you have a game server, about 2 weeks ago Rambo once connected our server and his ping beyonded 500. But for us, when we connecting SOV, the ping is always below 300. So if you have a server, I think it maybe better to fly on it than fly on a Chinese server.

3. About plane setting, our experience is that the following pair fight may be funny and equal:
109G2 vs Spit9c
Spit5c(2) vs A6M5
F4F3 vs 109E7z
Ki27 vs I-16-18
Those pair have been fought in some dogfight server, never try them in coop missions. For there are a few rookie in SGI, they worried that if we hold the match in coop mode, they may have nothing to do after been shot down. So I wonder if you think a time-limited or plane-limited dogfight will be fine for this time?

Thank you, S!
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Frinday 25 should be fine.

we could maybe do 1 hour earlier but that would be at most due to people finishing work. How about 8am for you and 12pm for us? then you just need to get up a bit early in the morning and we just need to stay up until 12 (normally not a problem )

Just to confirm how many players do you have?

So how about We create dog fight server with the below settings then we just need to sort out the time

109G2 vs Spit9c 40 planes 35 pilots max 50 mins per mission (Limited friendly icons only or full real?) Speedbar enable and minimap path enabled. 4.09m

Spit5c(2) vs A6M5 40 planes 35 pilots max 50 mins per mission (Limited friendly icons only or full real?) speedbar enable and minimap path enabled. 4.09m

Let me know what you think
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 pm

:FI:Mikester wrote:Frinday 25 should be fine.

we could maybe do 1 hour earlier but that would be at most due to people finishing work. How about 8am for you and 12pm for us? then you just need to get up a bit early in the morning and we just need to stay up until 12 (normally not a problem )

Just to confirm how many players do you have?

So how about We create dog fight server with the below settings then we just need to sort out the time

109G2 vs Spit9c 40 planes 35 pilots max 50 mins per mission (Limited friendly icons only or full real?) Speedbar enable and minimap path enabled. 4.09m

Spit5c(2) vs A6M5 40 planes 35 pilots max 50 mins per mission (Limited friendly icons only or full real?) speedbar enable and minimap path enabled. 4.09m

Let me know what you think
First lets talk about the rule. The planes setting is fine to us. But does it mean that we will have totally 4 rounds fight? Therefore the match will last over than 4 hours if we take 3 10min breaks after each fight. So our suggestion is that we can put it to 35 planes, 25 pilots, max 40 min per round, each team will fly all 4 types plane in whole match. About the map, we suggest il2 online3summer, the distance from 1 airport to the others is between 20~25km. Server time is 1200, no cloud. For the rule, we suggest that we do not use FLAK or AA to protect all airbase, anyplane with any of its part touching his friendly airbase will not be attacked, which means both in take off and land. And one more, we hope we shall use no-mod version il2 for this match.

Second about the number of players and time. I am trying to assemble 6 players in SGI for I think you would like to have 6. And for the time it is truly a big problem for one main member of SGI is in Ukraine now. Anyway I am still working on number and time, Beijing time 8am to 12 will be fine for most of us. But lets decide this issue later.

Please let us know your idea about the rule, and once you fixed the number of players, please inform me. Or do you think we both side should have exactly same number of player?

S!
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:21 pm

So this would be dog fight server.

mission 1
red v blue
30 planes 25 pilots
max time to complete objective 40 or 50 mins.

Time end.red or blue win. loading next mission

mission 2
red v blue
30 planes 25 pilots
max time to complete objectives 40 or 50 mins

Total time either 1hour 20 or 1 hour 40.
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:15 am

:FI:Mikester wrote:So this would be dog fight server.

mission 1
red v blue
30 planes 25 pilots
max time to complete objective 40 or 50 mins.

Time end.red or blue win. loading next mission

mission 2
red v blue
30 planes 25 pilots
max time to complete objectives 40 or 50 mins

Total time either 1hour 20 or 1 hour 40.
Yes it is dogfight, but we think we will exchange plane after each round, say:

Round 1. =FI= 109G2 vs SGI Spit9c
Round 2. SGI 109G2 vs =FI= Spit9c
Round 3. =FI= A6M5 vs SGI Spit5c(2)
Round 4. SGI A6M5 vs =FI= Spit5c(2)

So totally it may take about 2hours 40 mins without reat time.

And would you let us try to connect your server? Maybe we should test the ping.

S!
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 am

Sure that sounds fine. how about we do mission 1 & 2, see how it's going. Sometimes the matches can be really quick or slow.

Whatever happens we will have at least 2.

Would you like to create map's or want me to sort this out?

tomorrow i will try get my old fbdaemon application working to keep track on mission details. If you create maps and send them ill sort out the plane/pilot count.

only 2 days till friday so better confirm everything before the day.
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 pm

:FI:Mikester wrote:Sure that sounds fine. how about we do mission 1 & 2, see how it's going. Sometimes the matches can be really quick or slow.

Whatever happens we will have at least 2.

Would you like to create map's or want me to sort this out?

tomorrow i will try get my old fbdaemon application working to keep track on mission details. If you create maps and send them ill sort out the plane/pilot count.

only 2 days till friday so better confirm everything before the day.
I have just done 2 maps, both for mission 1&2, would you choose one from it? It is not complex and not with many FLAK to avoid defender running to FLAK from attacker. Of course I dont know how to set pilot, plane and time, I hope you can cope with those issues. The maps I done are uploaded in following link:

http://www.aishare.net/link.php?ref=waxXNyjCHL

Since we only have 2 rounds, I think as you originally said, 50 mins with 40 plane and 35 pilots per round will be fine, and 10mins break between 2 rounds.

I have called all players I can find in SGI and I think on that day SGI will have 6~8 players online. Do you think we should have exactly same number of players on fight?

So I would like to confirm everything here:

Match Time: 8am for China time(GMT+8), Saturday, June 26, 2010.
Match Server: I hope you can send me the IP asap so we can try to ping.
Match plane: Bf-109G2 vs SpitfireIXc1943, exchange plane after 1st round.
Difficulty setting: Friendly icon is displayed, others are all real.
Rule: A plane with any part contacting ground is not a legal target, in other word, no vulch to taking off or landing plane if it had any part contacted ground.

I think thats all we have done, if I missed anything please inform me, or you have any question or disagree with the rule.

S!
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 am

Sounds fine.

I'll try get everything sorted out tonight. I'll be hostimg from my computer not a dedicated server. once I get the missions up and running ill leave my computer on overnight so you can test. Ill put up my IP when I have it ready. be around midnight when I leave my computer on and ready. password will be 123

=FI=Mikester will be the server name in HL
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Sola,

Hope you don't mind but we made a few changes.

created a new map with the spit v G2 same plane set only on the Kuban map. each side has 2 bases. front and back. Back base has flack front base has very light flack. This shouldn't really be an issue no one will be vulching anyway. front base is only around 3 min flight until you meet the enemy, back around 10. The idea behind the 2 bases is to give each side more options should the enemy be pushing forward.

I've not put a time limit on the mission, think that would be unfair. If one team has 2 pilots left and the other has 20, if the time expired at this point the game would declare no winner then reload the mission. So best just play it out until 1 side has no pilots left (also I couldn't work out how to get the time working using FBD2 ;) )

Ill make the planes/pilot count a bit less 25 planes 20 pilots. I've done a lot of these games in the past with around 35 planes/pilots this can take a long time to get through.

Once the mission is won, the mission will reload then we can change sides.

can we also take the icons off and just use markings? If not just let me know.

server IP 81.149.116.163:21000 (Look out for =FI=Mikester in HL if you use it )
I'll leave my computer on tonight and tomorrow so you can test pings and stuff.
password "123" without quotes.

So you are good to go.

Let me know if you have any issues or are unhappy with any the changes we have made.

Mike
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:48 am

:FI:Mikester wrote:Sola,

Hope you don't mind but we made a few changes.

created a new map with the spit v G2 same plane set only on the Kuban map. each side has 2 bases. front and back. Back base has flack front base has very light flack. This shouldn't really be an issue no one will be vulching anyway. front base is only around 3 min flight until you meet the enemy, back around 10. The idea behind the 2 bases is to give each side more options should the enemy be pushing forward.

I've not put a time limit on the mission, think that would be unfair. If one team has 2 pilots left and the other has 20, if the time expired at this point the game would declare no winner then reload the mission. So best just play it out until 1 side has no pilots left (also I couldn't work out how to get the time working using FBD2 ;) )

Ill make the planes/pilot count a bit less 25 planes 20 pilots. I've done a lot of these games in the past with around 35 planes/pilots this can take a long time to get through.

Once the mission is won, the mission will reload then we can change sides.

can we also take the icons off and just use markings? If not just let me know.

server IP 81.149.116.163:21000 (Look out for =FI=Mikester in HL if you use it )
I'll leave my computer on tonight and tomorrow so you can test pings and stuff.
password "123" without quotes.

So you are good to go.

Let me know if you have any issues or are unhappy with any the changes we have made.

Mike
Mike:

Just a point that since it has been too long since SGI member goes to full real server, I think they still need friendly icons, even myself has been rusty in identification plane.For other changes, I totally agree.

Thanks for your great effort, and lets have a good hunt tomorrow.

S!

Sola
Sola
Beginner

Post by Sola » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 am

I have just tested server with Waffen. I am in Beijing China and he is in Kharkov Ukraine. My ping was below 350 and his was around 110. Just to make sure that, will you restart the server before our fight so we can reconfig the difficulty(friendly icon) and server time(1200).

S!