track ir 5

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

track ir 5

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

anyone have any ideas where i can pick up track ir in europe,aside from sim hq which seems to me wants a pint of blood along with the money, i am going to new york in october,purely to observe yanks in there natural envirnoment :shock: , hey the supported us with their holiday money for years , i think i should do the same, i could wait til then and get myself a decent joystick, any comments appreciated guys
dec
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: track ir 5

Post by :FI:Scott » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 am

Here you go mate-

http://www.rcsimulations.com/

They are a nice bunch of people and very quick on dispatch.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks buddy, nice one
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

evilerny
Beginner

Post by evilerny » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:11 am

Speaking of TrackIR 5 is there a big benefit to 5 over 4. I checked out the comparison on the website but that meant nothing to me. Is it worth the extra cash?
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

This is off of SimHQ. I found the article helpful and easy to understand.

http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_112d.html
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:54 am

evilerny,

I read an article in PCGamer last week that said going from V4 to V5 isn't worth it.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 am

Sounds like opinions differ on whether going TIR 4 to 5 is worthwhile, or not.
For my part, I can wholeheartedly agree that going from TIR 3 PRO to TIR 5 is a BIG improvement. I've had 5 for a couple of months now, and have tweaked the profiles in increments over that time. As of now I have 2 profiles that I'm about 95% happy with: one using the old Track Clip (fits on a baseball cap - I use this one for offline play since I don't like wearing my headphones then), and one for the Track Clip Pro that clips on my headphones.
You can really dial in some precision with this new software. Feels like I've regained some shooting accuracy, at least. Too bad the thing won't helped me fly any better!