Western Desert Campaign

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Western Desert Campaign

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:38 am

Gaj,

The mechanic promises that you and Mikester will have your rides ready for Sunday.

bf-109E4/7*

Neil, Emils right? Any Friedrichs needed?

Hmmm, I wonder if Mikester has more or fewer kill marks than Gadje?

I accept MasterCardâ„¢.

;)

F

* Notice extra filter for the desert. It's not fully tropical, like coconuts, but about the best you can get in IL2.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:35 am

lol your some guy falcon :lol:

I love this squad.

(well not personally I'm like an alpha male type(slaps hard on your back) ) 8-[
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:26 am

:FI:Falcon wrote: Neil, Emils right? Any Friedrichs needed?
Stu - E7's for the first few missions which run from July - November 1941. The checks I have done suggest F's didn't arrive in North Africa until the end of 1941. If having our lone wolves in Emils proves too challenging for the P40's, I might put them in Cr42's and see if they cause as many problems in those :lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm

thanks for skin
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Just a thought. These missions are written for 4.09m at the moment, and use new objects from the modded version.

Mike and Graham - are you OK to fly this version now or do we revert to 4.08?
Olegs stalker

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 am

4.09 is fine
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:31 pm

I have 409 modded.
Hope this is ok
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am

It would be good to get feedback on the human 'free hunters' idea yesterday. Basically whether it added anything worthwhile to your Coop experience.

For my part I felt it worked well. I was certainly nervous :) something I don't normally feel in a Coop, dont know about you lot?.

The best thing was that some of your fighters were working together pretty well. Although at one point I recall three of you were all looping in the same direction with me! (it only takes one to tie me up the others extend and come in) After the first mission you seemed to change your tactics either by luck or good judgement but you solved the problem of dealing with us (throw numbers at us and work together) and we both got shot down. S!

One thing for Neil though. We seemed to be flight leaders for the AI and I would suggest that you make the AI have a seperate flight. We tried to get them to fly their flightpath then follow us, they didn't seem to do either! although they said they were. The point is the 'free hunter' role should be just that.

If FI try it again hopefully some of you regulars would like to try the role for yourselves. Mikester and I decided for the test not to fly cautiously but engage right away coming in pretty low (leaving the B'n'Z trousers in the locker :lol: ). You showed that some of you were working together to make that not an option again at those numbers. Glad to see it.
Now that you can fly more as a team how about coming online sometime and try it with us flying together in the 'Wars' or in a good server?

^:)

Gadje (R.I.P)
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Like I said last night I really Enjoyed it nopt knowing who or where the two of you were going to strike even if I did die in both flights. I certainly made a change from the usual follow the AI for kills and was alot more enjoyable.

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 pm

I thought it was great, really enjoyed it.

Sorry to Kev though- you must have been right beneath me- I was blasting away and didn't even see your fire. That plus by the time we got flying I was slightly more 'refreshed' :beer: than usual
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:33 pm

No Probs Richard I think I was just as refreshed as you were LOL hence my stupid spiral into the deck on the first mission :lol: :lol:

We'll just put it down to you getting in the first round in the squadron bar ;)

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer: :beer:
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm

:FI:Gadje wrote: One thing for Neil though. We seemed to be flight leaders for the AI and I would suggest that you make the AI have a seperate flight. We tried to get them to fly their flightpath then follow us, they didn't seem to do either! although they said they were. The point is the 'free hunter' role should be just that.

Gadje (R.I.P)
The first couple of missions I wrote before the idea of "free hunters" was suggested, so I just adapted them by making a couple of aircraft in a flight non AI. Not sure why you appeared to be flight leaders though? There were only two planes in your flight. The AI flights had the same waypoints, and may have been part of the same squadron in the mission so maybe that explains it?

If we do any more of these I'll make sure the free hunters are a different squadron number so you should not have AI flights following you around.

Sorry I had to duck out after the first mission - my central heating boiler packed up big style (still not working :( ) and I had to try and sort it out. It snowed this morning and we are all freezing in my house at the moment! ](*,)
Olegs stalker

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Yup,

Xmas gremlins have struck here too- Ovens buggered. Looks like festive toast on the horizon.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:30 pm

:FI:Scott wrote:Yup,

Xmas gremlins have struck here too- Ovens buggered. Looks like festive toast on the horizon.

Here too, the fridge might not last much longer, car making some funny noises......ah if life wasn't a challenge it would be boring, don't you think?
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm

:FI:Scott wrote:Yup,

Well my ovens are working - how about I cook the turkey then I drive up to your house to eat in a warm house?

:lol:
Olegs stalker