HELLO

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
seaniebeag

HELLO

Post by seaniebeag » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Well A Big Hello And Dia Dhuit To You All

I have come to introduce myself to you all and share my outlook on life in the hope of one day becoming a member of the Fighting Irish Squadron. Unfortunately I am currently playing Forgotten Battles so I will have to remain as ground crew until I can find a cheap copy of 1946. (currently have a bid on a brand new copy on eBay with less than two days to go, could be a bargain at 99p!!), so I hope you guys dont mind if i bum around the forums for the time being.
Anyway about me, Im a student (hence the need for a cheap copy of the new game!!) studying aeronautical and mechanical engineering in Wrexham, North Wales. Im 25 years old, was raised on the north side of dublin and moved to wales to study and escape my parents, Finding my own place in dublin would literally have cost me an arm and a leg, and operating rudder controls with one leg would have proved too difficult.
I love to fly, the first time I ever handled the controls of an aircraft was a Robin 150 on one of those gift pakage thingys. absolutely loved it. flew from Weston Airfeild in Dublin over the Glendalough area. Decided at that point that I wanted into aviation, not necasseraly as a pilot though, so that lead to my current course of study. once im finished i intend to fully commit to obtaining my PPL. And have high hopes for a job with luftanse one day.
I have been playing sturmovik for a number of years after being introduced to it by a friend who bought a copy of the original game for 50p from a second hand game store.
I also build an fly model aircraft, my latest effort is a 3.5 foot supermarine spitfire mk.X that uses a 5 channel radio (Flaperons, No landing gear) and runs a 4cc glow fuel engine. Its currently untested and still needs a lot of detail added but is very close to her first flight. Im a bit reluctant to test it as theres nothing worse than spending months building a plane from scratch only to see the fueltank explode in a rain of flaming balsa wood.
Emm as far as wainscoting goes it scares the bejusus out of my, I have an almighty fear of killer sheep and as we all know wainscoting is their natural habitat!!!!

So thats about it for my Hello, Any questions??
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: HELLO

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi There and Welcome to the forums mate. =D]

Always nice to greet new potential members and Thanks for the background info too. All you need to do now is hope like hell you win that copy of 1946 on ebay and we'll get you all modded up and flying in no time. :D

If you have any questions or need help getting sorted to fly with us just give a shout on these here pages and one of the guys will come to your aid ;)

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
seaniebeag

Post by seaniebeag » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Cheers Wardog, looking forward to it. With a bit of luck I should be in the skies by the weekend if not early next week

just one or to questions.

I should be able to mod up to 4.08 easily, i take it that is still the required version?
Are any of your sessions password protected or free for all? if so which sessions should i join?
With regard markings, i understand i shouldnt use a number but should i still use the FI insignia and an IAC skin?
What aircraft do you guys prefer to fly, can I just jump in anything or are there restrictions?
Do restrictions change from battle to battle, i.e. historically acurate battles?
I'm also gonna need some help with regarding teamspeak, ive just dowloaded the program but dont know how to connect it up.

Any help would be greatly apreciated lads.
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Hello and welcome here, seanniebeag ^:)

I can at least answer three of your one or two questions :D

4.08m ist the offical up to date version. Out of the box you only need to apply the 4.08 patch, wich is to find here and there and we will show you the location if you shout "help"

Our sessions are not password protected at all, sometime useres host missions and so the IP will change, or we can find each other on Hyperlobby, wich is a great tool to join and host game sessions and to find your friends online.

Teamspeak is simply to install and to join out Teamspeak server you have to "add" a server and enter following adress:
ts2.ecgnetwork.com:8823
and password is b33r
Quite handy tool and better way to get and give instructions.

You can see if someone is online on TS here:
http://www.endlager.net/fis/php/ts_index.htm
or here:

See you there

Slán,
Airway
Image ImageImage
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Hello again Mate

We use 4.08 or vanilla as some call it LOL when we are flying on Hyperlobby but we also have a copy modded up to 4.091bm with the unified installer mod package and cannonuk's BOB map both of which you can find on AAA forums.

Just look through our forums and you will find all the info you need to get fully modded up and also there is a section on setting up teamspeak to work so you can chat with the guys when they are online :)

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi

Just a cautionary word - I think the info on the modded version (whisper it, a bit like Voldemort), is on the Squadron forum which you will not be able to access yet.

The unified installer is on the AAA web site you can find here http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/index.php

and the Battle of Britain map which we sometimes use here http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... a0da9c157d

Hope this helps.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 am

46 is now available on Steam for cheap. DL's and installs directly to your PC, but it's always available when you log on.

Welcome to the boards, and Oh! Get me a beer!

Thanks!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
seaniebeag

Post by seaniebeag » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Cheers for the help guys
Well My copy of 1946 just cleared on eBay, 9 quid so i wont complain. Its a lot more in the shops.
Just waiting for delivery then ill be up in the skies. At least until i get shredded and have to bail out!!!!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Akk!

Don't say "bail out" to we Americans just now!

#-o

~~~

Keep us up on the news of your Spit.
"With regard markings, i understand i shouldnt use a number but should i still use the FI insignia and an IAC skin?"
You'll get a number when you officially become a full member. If you look thru the "Skinners" forum, you can get any skins you want. Just ask. There are some older skins available in the "Downloads" section on the front page too.

Wecome,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
seaniebeag

Post by seaniebeag » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Well just had my first online flight!!
Went quite well considering. Gonna spend most of today practising, hope to see you guys up there some time tommorrow!!

Hangover allowing of course!!
Is there a legal limit for flying??
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:01 pm

seaniebeag wrote: Hangover allowing of course!!
I recommend NOT flying with less that a 1/2 quart of Tequila and then adding more as the day wears on.
:badgrin:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 pm

seaniebeag wrote: ...
Well, we call the NSA when you try to get out of the country, mate :lol:

;)
Image ImageImage
seaniebeag

Post by seaniebeag » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:05 pm

ooof

well the hangovers not too bad but i should haave an acceptably high blood alcohol level!

I have however discovered something that makes flying more difficult, WOMEN!!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:09 pm

seaniebeag wrote:... I have however discovered something that makes flying more difficult, WOMEN!!

Dude.

Women make everything more difficult.

~~~

We will be flyin' today. The time is kinna screwed up though. We may be starting as early as about five your time. Normal time is about 7:30PM. Be ready to do some flyin' 'n' diein' in da skyin' or at least get on TeamSpeak if ya want and join in da jabber.

Hope to see ya there,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Yeah, Stu's right.

I posted an evidence that women make everything more difficult, earlier here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8204

I blamed it on drugs but women themselves could be a reason though.
There's only one reason I know, they are good for...

;)

See ya,
Airway
Image ImageImage