COMING SOON!

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

COMING SOON!

Post by :FI:Ghost » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Hello guys!

I finally found some time, and more importantly I got plenty of inspiration, to make the skin I had in my mind for months. It took me two days to make what you can see now, and hopefully it will be finished soon...

Feel free to comment...

*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Cool Ghost!

That's a good camo pattern to do but you're gonna have trouble with the ammo hatches on the wing top. You get just one hatch for two wings so, if you want the pattern unbroken, you need similar colors/lines in that area.

There's warping around the aft fuselage and clipping near the prop. The plate in front of the gear housing is fun too.

So far, so good, keep at it. The IL-2 is fun to do and in great demand for new skins ... unlike my forlorn Catalina. Poor darlin'.

;)

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.