Some cool pics

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Some cool pics

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:14 am

unfortunately the pics are mostly of JETS! :roll:
http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/

ZOOM ZOOM!!
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:32 am

Willie,

Great pictures

Igor
:FI:Igor
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:16 am

damn good pics :!:
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:54 am

Beautiful photos mate.. I especially liked that low F-18 pass above the water.. Bloody cool...
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
Phoenix9
Boardie

Post by Phoenix9 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Cool! 8)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:51 pm

:FI:Ghost wrote:Beautiful photos mate.. I especially liked that low F-18 pass above the water.. Bloody cool...
A few years back, the Blue Angels did the air show here at Carswell. Me brudder Mikey and I got his super fast bass boat in the water and watched the show from as close as they would let us get on Lake Worth.

We were about a thousand feet off to the side of where they did that same "Mach run" down the runway. It was LOUD and really neat to watch that thing blow by right on the edge of the sound barrier. :D

Best one I've ever seen was over in the Gulf of Tonkin when an RA-5C "Vigilante" got permission to do a mach run on the boat. They gave us a heads up before he did it. THose birds had J79 engines and they blew smoke like a fright train. All you could see was a smudge of smoke out on the horizon and then that SOB came by us about 300 feet off the port side. He had that classic "cone" draggin way back and nothing but the long sharp nose and the cockpit section of that plane was visible. Water was boiling up behind him and the sonic boom was really impressive. He pulled that bitch up and pointed her at the stars and dissappeared. THey said he was running at about Mach 1.6 when he came by.

http://www.paxmuseum.com/a5/ra5c.htm
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 pm

:FI:WillieOFS wrote:
:FI:Ghost wrote:Beautiful photos mate.. I especially liked that low F-18 pass above the water.. Bloody cool...
A few years back, the Blue Angels did the air show here at Carswell. Me brudder Mikey and I got his super fast bass boat in the water and watched the show from as close as they would let us get on Lake Worth.

We were about a thousand feet off to the side of where they did that same "Mach run" down the runway. It was LOUD and really neat to watch that thing blow by right on the edge of the sound barrier. :D

Best one I've ever seen was over in the Gulf of Tonkin when an RA-5C "Vigilante" got permission to do a mach run on the boat. They gave us a heads up before he did it. THose birds had J79 engines and they blew smoke like a fright train. All you could see was a smudge of smoke out on the horizon and then that SOB came by us about 300 feet off the port side. He had that classic "cone" draggin way back and nothing but the long sharp nose and the cockpit section of that plane was visible. Water was boiling up behind him and the sonic boom was really impressive. He pulled that bitch up and pointed her at the stars and dissappeared. THey said he was running at about Mach 1.6 when he came by.

http://www.paxmuseum.com/a5/ra5c.htm

Pffffff ....

I can do that to.

In lock-on. :lol:

Great story, willie!
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:13 pm

Wow! Nice pics there Willie! But those Pilicans in the US sure grow big! It dwarfed that L-39 :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Great link, Willie!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:00 am

Blue Angels are tops!

Liked the pic showing the shock wave aft of the wing!! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x