Time to forget about stats?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:00 pm

Been done Falcon.

Well folks looks like this debate is about finished but maybe the stats are important? :badgrin:

Perhaps we could use them to help decide this issue?

Guys like Falcon and Gen have flown well over 60 SCS missions to date according to the stats. I've only done 37 just over half of those flown . So maybe we should get a vote for each time we have flown a SCS mission? that way the people who can and bother to fly and are therefore the people this affects the most, have most say in the matter.

The hell with democracy. lets have a Statocracy :lol:

Gad<littledivil>je :p
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:23 pm

I fit that description, but its not a case of not being 'bothered' to fly - its a case of the misses starting work at 4am on a monday :roll:

And my voicing of concerns are more orientered towards "it would be nice to come back to the winning formula the sunday sessions have!" - I'm sure 4am's arn't forever ;)
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm

Maybe Friday nights are good now, eh Nightcat?

Noter
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:05 pm

I like stats, I do Sundaycooping whenever I can.

I say leave them.

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue May 01, 2007 12:21 am

Good idea Gadje!

Here's my uber vote ...

22 votes for keeping the stats ...

22 votes for dumping the stats ...

22 votes for more beer.

Fal "the decider" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Necropost Alert!

Post by :FI:Moe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:02 pm

I know this thread seemed to have run it's course but the issue of stats and how to handle them is at the forefront of my mind right now. I volunteered (and have the scars to prove it ;) ) to take over the stats handling for H.E. starting with our new scripted dogfight campaign, which incidentally starts tonight.

Both Tactical and MOH_Soda (who designed the campaign and is hosting) were concerned that the stats presented were team-oriented. For the recent Mareth Line campaign flown in H.E. MOH_Soda came up with a formula to calculate an overall rating value for each flight and a mission rating for the whole team.

Drawing on that, and the points raised in this thread, I'll be showing stats like Sorties/Death, Sorties/Plane Loss, Survival Streak and Effectiveness. Effectiveness will combine air and ground kills, plane losses, deaths, etc. into one stat which will be used to calculate the overall team effectiveness. I would also like to reward teamplay, and the way that comes to mind right now is for everyone to PM me immediately after the session and indicate which player on their team best exhibited teamplay during the session. Once tabulated, the most voted player per team will have their effectiveness stat enhanced to reward their teamplay, which in turn, boosts the team's effectiveness stat.

Still lots to think about and lots to do. Any feedback/input from anyone (H.E. or otherwise) would be appreciated.

Moe
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:58 pm

I like that idea but it does seem quite complicated though I imagine it'll get easy once you get used to it.

Regarding the pm'ing thing...will the enhancement not cancel out if both teams receive it? Or will more votes = a larger enhancement?

Great idea though

Cheers

Skipper :)
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 pm

Good point Skipper.

It could be, as you say, a proportional enhancement based on number of votes, or a flat multiplier (like 1.25) applied to their effectiveness stat.

Is it wrong that I'm seeing mathematical symbols when I close my eyes?

Moe
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:30 pm

:FI:Moe wrote:Is it wrong that I'm seeing mathematical symbols when I close my eyes?

Moe
Gotta be more interesting than seeing rivets
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:51 pm

You could always use the sum of the criteria modified by the demographic variances in the average divergence of the total data profile applied to the subsets of all scores compared to the equivalent measurements taken in both empirical samples multiplied by the concurrent product of each logic-set modifier ...

but that's just me.

Fa1<*n
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:57 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:You could always use the sum of the criteria modified by the demographic variances in the average divergence of the total data profile applied to the subsets of all scores compared to the equivalent measurements taken in both empirical samples multiplied by the concurrent product of each logic-set modifier ...

but that's just me.

Fa1<*n
But wouldn't that give the Allies an advantage?

.........having 2 mathemeticular people on the team like?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac General

Fiendish HE allied plot revealed.

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:40 am

Ha I've discovered their plan to rob the Axis team of stats, to dive into the ground as soon as they're in your gunsight.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)