Automated Cooperative Servers

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Automated Cooperative Servers

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Some of you guys probably already know about this, but Soda_MOH pointed it out to me the other day and I would like to share it with my mates.

Click Here for further information

Basically a fellow named rnzoli has taken Paul's DCG (as well as standard COOP missions?) and added server support so that one can operate automated dedicated servers featuring DCG campaigns. You will find available servers in the link above.

So in short it provides the flexibilities of a DF server but with the benefits of COOP missions – all without a host. Added to the experience is the ground war and stats tracking of DCG. Speaking of stats, I like the enhancements he has done with sharing kill points with other members of the team, etcetera.

I haven't tried it out yet. Certainly something I would like to invest some time in messing with. Might be an excellent spot to have contests with/against other squadrons.

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:21 pm

:lol:
excreta.
Surely you mean etcetera :!:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:23 pm

:lol: :badgrin: :lol:

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Excreta? :shock: :lol:

Gee, I missed the least session. But I feared my rig will explode with the CPU temperature reaching 130 degrees Celsius. Thinking about adding a couple of 88mm fans to cool it down for the next session.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:33 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote::lol:
excreta.
Surely you mean etcetera :!:
Did I? [-(

Thanks Sneaky. I guess the spell checker is working; at least the word was spelled right. ;)
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:20 am

That's pretty awesome, can't wait to try it out :D

s!
Snoop
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

PHI Air Medical's...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:02 am

...Program Director for the SW and Central Regions is Dave Motzkin.

Every time he uses Spell Checker it changes his name to "Goatskin", much to his chagrin and our delight. :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:29 am

Tac, please change your post back to its original, unedited form... in keeping with the squadron's current trend of opinion regarding personal stats in particular... but more so for the entertainment value afforded to all readers in general.

Furthermore, consider a frequent sprinkling of additional unfartunate mispellings throughout all future pootings on these forums.

The above is unofficially an official program recommendation from Mr. Dave Goatskin, Program Director, Pretty Helicopters Inc.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:58 pm

No! [-(