The TrackClip Pro

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

The TrackClip Pro

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:27 pm

Well, I have it. No more funky hat with a visor clip that enjoys poppin' off and bouncin' across the tile floor.

~sigh~ the cats and ferrets loved to play with the springy toy

Anywho, installation of the clip was painless to my TrackIR4 and after updating the software to v ...29 or 30 everything worked well.

I DID get a warning during installation that the software didn't pass the "icon test?" but ignorance is bliss so I'm happy.

How much better is it than the dot thingie on my visor? Much too early to tell yet, but it's at least as good. I'll let you know after the Sunday shoot'em up if I've noticed any improvement.

~$39 + $10 shipping (Ground)

Old Vector clip

worked fine but needed frequent re-centering ... not as much as old TrackIR 1 with a single dot and it had a tendency to slide off and get chased by small furry animals. Better toy than a milk cap!

Looks cool, well ... cooler than the hat anyway. Kinna heavy on my very light headset, tracks good. Hat in garbage. Springie thing given to cat.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Yeah I've been looking into this after my Vector clip failed. (one of the roflector stickies stopped reflecting) So I can still use it in dot mode, but its no fun without 6dof you know ;)

I'l probably buy this with my next paycheck if I dont have to spent it all on new lights for my ride, destruction of private property is so much fun :roll: stupid kids

Anyhow, Thanks for the mini-review Falcon, I'm going for the red one 8)

Edit: Oh and, do you recomend springy things for K9's aswell?
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:06 am

:FI:L.F wrote:... Oh and, do you recomend springy things for K9's aswell?
They'll prolly like the hat better

and all that slobber won't do the reflectors much good.

ewwww!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:07 am

Now why would Falcon post a picture of himself me wonder? :lol: Ever try those 3D glasses when flying online. I'm curious about the difference in experience.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:22 pm

I posted about this a while back.

I'm used to mine now and think that it is marginally better than the trackhat in operation but loads better for user comfort. My only real criticism is that it is a bit fragile and costly. Not the best combination if you either have kids around or are clumsy or both.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.