FI Skinning Project: finishing phase I, the Allies

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

FI Skinning Project: finishing phase I, the Allies

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:57 pm

Okay, lots to do.

This thread will be for finishing, polishing, waxing, whatever the first phase of the FI Skin Project.

Can everyone have their aircraft done and uploaded by this weekend?

Who is doing the Yak-1?

Any questions, pleas for help, cursing?

Let us know.

If we can do all this by Sunday, we can start to see that all participating pilots get their downloads in the right folders next week and maybe ... maybe we can give it a go the Sunday or Friday (HE?) after that.

Thanks for the effort,

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Fri May 11, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:47 pm

Almost done with the Hurricane, about 5 planes left to put numbers on, then some flatening and file naming...San Diego was just too much fun and I didn't get as much done as hoped. All others are done and uploaded (at least it seemed to work, if someone could test that would be great).

Noter
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:50 pm

Looks great Noter!

At least MY no. 08 does. ;)

One fing ...

you included the default skin into the personalized skins.

That's fine, but you should also have that skin, (just the rounds,stripes, harp, insignia, etc), in the FI_default folder and the numbered (Personal) skins in the FI_personalized folder;

then it goes into the appropriate nation file,

then in the correct aircraft folder. The ac folders are already made. Just slip it in there.

Your new default file with the single skin in it should be labeled with a "00" in it. Ex: SpitfireVIII_IrGn_00_Ntr,

and the 46 personalized skin file should be named with the word "personal". Ex: SpitfireVIII_IrGn_personal_Ntr .

The easiest way to fix this ... I think ... is to just upload another zipped default skin for each of the ac you did where you put the others and I'll rearrange the files when you're done. I'll change the name of your current 47 skin zip files to include the word "personal". It's no biggy that there is an extra "00" skin in the personalized zip file.

Does that make sense to you?

If so, let me know when you're totally finished and I'll do that. IF, however, you want to do it, then go ahead and let us know when you're done.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Finished the Hurricanes, need to zip and upload. Thanks Falcon for fixing my previously uploaded stuff!

Noter
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:18 am

OMG!!!

We're almost ready to roll this sucker out!!!

Sneaky R:

You have u'l'd no default skin for the TB-3 or the Yak-7. My guess is that your defaults are in with the personal skins? That's fine, but if you can, would you upload one each default skin (just the rounds, stripes, insignias - no numbers or names) into their respective "default" folders please?

Falcon:

I'll finish marking the "default" and "personal" P-63C skins by tomorrow.

Snaphoo:

No worries mate, you're all done. If you would like to add any unfinished stuff later, cool. We can add it to the first revision. Okay?

Yak-3 issue:

The Yak-9 skins fit the Yak-3; not perfectly, but good enough.

Anything else to do?

F

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:17 am

Just tell everyone how to install and [-o< ... 8)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:57 am

Hey thats great news guys, fantastic job!

Now anyone going to volunteer to do an FI skin for the Lerche.......................?

(Runs and hides).

:lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:11 pm

L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:21 pm

hah! great!
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

All done?

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:21 pm

Thanks Falc... Yes, I will definitely want to revisit everything I've left undone once my current issues subside.
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:37 pm

P-63C "default" and "personal" skins rar'd and uploaded.

That should be IT!!!!!!!

Ahh! He said it again!!

Ahh!

You said it!

ahhhh!

~~~

Next, we must get a shru ... I mean, we must write up some instructions that will help everyone download all this stuff step-by-step. I'll make a draft of what I think should be said and then we can correct and modify it.

Ahh!

Falcon

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:06 am

I went to the ftp and have craeted "LW " folder in Personalised skins
Am uploading Bf109E Ir green mottled packed to zip with Servals Skin Manager - let me know how ot turns out.

I have included a blank skin (FIBL_IrGnMot_Bf109E) and unmarked metal in the zip

Personally I found it too much hassle unpacking the blank skins separately.Maybe it would be better to compile a zip of all the blanks to go in a zip once the project is complete , but include the "00" skins in the personalised zips also. :idea:

just found this too:-
http://www.clickteam.com/eng/installcreator.php

Yak 7 skins replaced with self extracting .exe (3mb space saving)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Good job Snee,

good idea about the blanks all together and the "00's" in with the personalized stuff.

Lot's of reading on the link. I'll have a go of it if I get the time.

Are you including Badger, Blue and Biggles3 in the pilot names?

Fal

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
Lot's of reading on the link. I'll have a go of it if I get the time.

Fal
reading? I didn't read it , I just DL'd it :lol:
Are you including Badger, Blue and Biggles3 in the pilot names?
Not yet, I'll include in the next axis batch 190D9 - 262 - Ju87 and update the allied stuff in after that. Need to find my skinning head. Need to shift one of the roundels on th Emil a bit tii si that'll get re-done as well.

My Skins folders up to nearly 8 gig now :p

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)