Hy y'all

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
Navvara Ultor

Hy y'all

Post by Navvara Ultor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:18 pm

I'm just getting started with online IL-2 and PF. After much considetion i've decided to join your fine squadron. It was a tough choice, so many other squadrons on the il-2 forum were fighting over me (which is natural considering my years of experience playing flight sims) but in the end Fightin'Irish won my heart.

Here's my current hardware setup (relevant to flight sims):

Main rig:

P4N 2.8 Ghz (will run stable at up to 3.461 Ghz)
1 GB Ram
Fx 5700 256 MB

Laptop:

Intel Centrino (P4M) 1.8 Ghz
1 GB Ram
Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 256 MB

Flight controlers:

Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner FFB HOTAS
-busted up Logitech Wingman Extreme

Internet connection: DSL 2.5 MB

Creative WebCam&Headset

I'll be upgrading my main rig's video card with either a 7600 GS/x1650 Pro Platinum or a 7600 GT depending on how much $ I can get my hands on by X-Mas.

I was going to save up for a Saitek x52 but since that doesn't have FFB i'll invest in a Thrustmaster Cougar. Is that the best joyoustick available on the market?

I'm not gonna brag about my flying skills but shall prove them in combat (although i could send ya a couple of my saved tracks)

For arguments sake i'll presume that my previous knowledge of online games amounts to zero (guess what you get if you throw in a 250 Kg bomb in that sentence: sake+zero+250 Kg bomb=?). So please provide a for idiots guide on how to get online with IL-2 PF, setting up teamspeak.
Just wondering, how does PF/IL-2 look on OpenGL? I've only used DirectX rendering so far.
See you on the flipside.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Welcome

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:24 pm

Sticky: Installaton, Patches and extras

Open GL looks like
Only better

I've had good service out of my Evo and added a second stick with pedal mods and trim, but I'm sure everyone who has taken the plunge will tell you that CH is/are best.

You don't mention Track IR (essential for "full real" IMO).

Enough of this technical jargon , what do you think of the wainscoting here?
:beer: ^:)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Welcome to the :FI:Forums Navvara Ultor!

You are now a semi-official uber guest member of the Fightin' Irish Squadron forums.

To become a member-member of the Squadron you first must do a few mystic quests. These quests are quite perilous and can take anywhere from five days to ... whenever the check clears.

First, go back to the SQUADRON button on the front page and click that. Read Fenian's li'l ditty and click on the words application form. Fill that out and send it to us. This form will explain the next perilous steps to becoming utterly Irish.*

Meanwhile, ad interim, concurrently, for now and simultaneously you can join in any discussions here, join us on TeamSpeak and fly wherever we fly.

Congratulations on your excellent judgement,

Falcon

* ... or a reasonable facsimile thereof

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Navvara Ultor

Here's a better application

Post by Navvara Ultor » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:45 pm

I've sent a writen application but while I was waiting for a reply and my Il and pf updates to download i got busy in il-2 making a diferent kind of application. would you be interested in a track featuring me (Bf109 G2) vs 2 ace Bf109G2? I know that some people around here are able to take on up to six AI aces but that's the best I can do.

Also, i've been trying to do a merged FB-AEP-PF install but PF doesn't have a merged install option. Should I just install PF in my Il-2 folder?
See you on the flipside.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:36 pm

You have to do the merged install.
Also, i've been trying to do a merged FB-AEP-PF install but PF doesn't have a merged install option. Should I just install PF in my Il-2 folder?
I assume you're installing from CD's and not trying to merge a downloaded version of PF from Ubi. If you've merged IL2FB and AEP and it runs OK, you should be able to merge PF . I think theres a post in the tech forum about this(not too far back)

Check this post merge PF problem

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Welcome aboard, NU!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:36 am

Following the written advice and paying close attention to clues within clues will enable you to successfully complete your quest and enjoy the fine companionship and monetary benefits of membership.

Note...
Benefits do not include the following:

Discount Coupons.

That's it.

:)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Navvara Ultor

I can't get PF merged to install

Post by Navvara Ultor » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:58 pm

I just can't make it work. i've even uninstalled IL/PF and had a new go but still nothing. Could the problem be caused by me trying to do the install on an external drive ?(can't think of a reason why this should be the cause though)
See you on the flipside.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:30 pm

Are you sure you have installed
IL2 forgotten battles and the Aces expantion pack ?
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Navvara Ultor

Yes!!!

Post by Navvara Ultor » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:38 pm

I'll try to install the game to the default folder (c:\program files\ubi) and hope that this way i'll be able to do a merged install.

btw i have hyperlobby and tspk running. when can I join you guys online? (provided that I get the dang merged install running)
See you on the flipside.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:45 pm

I'll be on tonight 8pm Uk time, possibly a few others. Use the pager in Hyperlobby to contact me if you want

What is your HL callsign and where are you from?

ps If you haven't flown online before? be prepared for a shock. I like many others couldnt believe how much harder it is flying against human pilots. Much more exciting and enjoyable in the end however.

If you get your instal sorted we can go through a few online tips :D

S!