FI Squadron paint scheme

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:55 pm

:D

Thanks Ege!

uh ...

you're not hitting on me are you?

Fal "Palomino!!!" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Camo Anyone?

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:06 pm

How about some kinda FI camoflage scheme, a faded dirty green and yellowish pattern? Or something like that?

These skins you all have done look way cool for sure, wish I knew how to do that now, I'd help out if I could. I have PSP9 on my PC, but am still learning how to use it.

Mike
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:49 am

EmVee!

If you can give us some idea what you'd like, a historic profile, an old pic, a stick drawing, something, I'm sure one of us will pick up on it and give it a go.

Skinning is easy, open up your PSP9, load in an old void from the IL2 "Paint Schemes" folder and get'er dunn!

Fal "crayons R us" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:33 am

Okay, the FIMt Corsair is done.

I don't know why I did an Allied plane when the next project is the Axis stuff

or why I did a Corsair when the Corsair is already done.

I don't know why I do half of what I do!

Hmmm, I think there's a song in there somewhere.

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:50 am

Damn that looks good (green and aluminum with envy).

Noter
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Camo Anyone?

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:40 am

:FI:MikeVictor wrote:How about some kinda FI camoflage scheme, a faded dirty green and yellowish pattern? Or something like that? ...

I did do some Irishy camo for the Seafire. How's this MV?

F

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Stu, my ole wizzard!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:40 am

The Corsair skin looks really ...

UBER!!!!

Can´t wait to get a copy of it ... =P~

No kidding, m8! :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:02 pm

=D]
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm

Very very Classy 8)
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:36 pm

yeah, very nice work Stu, really like the Corsair sir 8)
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Lookin Good

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:50 pm

I like that Dark Green on Light Green camo treatment for sure Falc ol boy.

Adding a few FI yellow/green embelishments and such just might do the trick, IMHO.

I, a johnny come lately with this noble endeavor for which I appologize, like the idea of providing some way for individual pilots to add their own nose art, or some other graphic near the canopy, to the basic FI model. Most folks like to add some sentimental thingy to the ship they fly...without ruining the standard FI look and feel of it all...

I'm for having camo myself. I think that the ships folks have done could be camo'd by adding the dark green camo pattern over the light greens I have seen so far. Not all aircraft models, only those that historically had some sort of camo on them. I suspect that most aircraft carrior based aircraft were a solid color for example and would not use a camo pattern.

My 1 cent worth.

I'm wanting to do some skinning, I'll give it a try. But I really like the quality I see from you experienced guys, camo or not.

Cool!, Later,
MicVic
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Lookin Good

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:59 pm

:FI:MikeVictor wrote:... Adding a few FI yellow/green embelishments and such just might do the trick

MV,

Yeah, do that skinin' thang!

Okay, FI yellow ... ?

you mean FI Guinness Gold? ;)

I am doing the Spit IX for the skinning project and I need to start if from scratch, paint-wise anyway. If you have a particular set of colors/camo you'd like, let me know in the next day or two. Faded green/yellow camo? Sounds cool, but give an example to me if you have one. If not, I'll just cross my fingers and wing it.

Any camo is best very understated if you are going to make forty-plus iterations of the same skin though. If a pattern stands out too much it will get quite obvious.

Thanks for the input,

Falcon

MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Me Like

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 pm

I think the Dark Green on Light Green works fine.

Maybe some sort of faded Guiness Gold and Light Green scheme for "dessert camo"? along with the dark green/light green for Europe?

do a prototype with the gold/green camo to see how it looks. may look like crap, don't know.

Mike
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:46 pm

Yeah,

I was thinkin' yellow for a future desert scheme.

Initially, we are making one and in some cases two paint schemes per plane.

Later we will diverge into winter, desert, pacific or European designs.

I'm lookin' at dk green/lt green camo for the Spit IX now. Everyone will have the exact same camo pattern, but if I make the pattern subtle enough it will look okay.

Bringing my Spit IX template up-to-date and puttin' on the numbers will prolly take the rest of the week. I'll try to show it off then.

thx again,

F

2step
Baby Boardie

Post by 2step » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 pm

You guys are some of the most talented artists I have ever seen !

Hell, even if I wasn't tryin to join :FI: ,I want dem' skins!

now to mop up the drool and get back to work......I owe , I owe , back to work I go.....