FI Squadron paint scheme

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:50 pm

"Baah Beer" is preferable to "Bar-ber"

I hope those kegs deploy with 'chutes.
I wouldnt want a glass of froth. (Can I have a wafer with that bartender)
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:46 pm

I do think the black band is cool, but I can't help thinking that the plane is flying to a funeral, :shock: but that might be an example of a more extreme modification if the pilot likes it.
Point taken, I started with the white band (so I have that option) but thought it might be cool to make the opposing force look different in some fashion that would be easily recognizable if we were all together using the official skns. Unless those would be reserved for when we're all fighting against AI, or in competition with another squad, or some other "special occasion"
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:14 pm

:FI:Snaphoo said that I wrote:but I can't help thinking that the plane is flying to a funeral ...
which is usually so often the case with me ... ~sigh~
and the he went on about something, like ... wrote:Point taken, I started with the white band (so I have that option) but thought it might be cool to make the opposing force look different in some fashion that would be easily recognizable if we were all together using the official skns. Unless those would be reserved for when we're all fighting against AI, or in competition with another squad, or some other "special occasion"

I think all these ideas are great. I didn't mean that the black band thingie shouldn't end up in the FI design ... gosh, it sounded like that, didn't it? ... but, I meant to use that only as an example of how far we could go with other later changes that the mates can make to further customize their rides.

Yeah, thinking about painting up the other guys to see them better is almost always a good idea.

F'con
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:38 pm

This needs the sheephawk thing... I can't remember what the germerman called the hawk/eagle thing on the side of the FW's but someone made a sheep version and this needs it for the oofichal FI FockeWulf skin... :D

I thought :FI:Falcon said that he wrote:but, I meant to use that only as an example of how far we could go with other later changes that the mates can make to further customize their rides.
Oh, I see. I wasn't thinking the black or white bands were going to be customizations as such. I thought they would be the base model paint job and customizations would start from whichever base paint job decided on for that group (of planes, or sides of the war).

In the FW up there, for example, as it sits would be standard, as I see it, any thing beyond how it's pictured would be custom. But I guess that's what we're discussin' here, in this very thread.

Anywho, back to the cool skins and such!

Snaphoo
You've got red on you.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Yeah, thinking about painting up the other guys to see them better is almost always a good idea.
I briefly toyed with the idea of making Axis planes dayglo pink so's you could see them at 50Km :badgrin:
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:17 pm

:FI:Snaphoo wrote:... Oh, I see. I wasn't thinking the black or white bands were going to be customizations as such. I thought they would be the base model paint job and customizations would start from whichever base paint job decided on for that group (of planes, or sides of the war) ...
Gah! I'm still confused.

Yeah, this thread is for all basic design submissions, I guess. Black band, white band, IreGreen, dayglo pink :lol: historic, whatever.

Ex: The black-banded over IreGreen 110 as a primary candidate.

Then, with whatever design we choose, anything else can be added as a personal choice ... black-to-white band, white-to-green band, tail art, nose art, sheep art ... whatever.

Ex: The black banded 110, if chosen, can later be altered by a pilot to another band color.

The basic design should still remain readily apparent.

Does this clear things totally up? Okay then, explain it to me again ... ???

~~~

The black sheep/eagle cowling splash was one of my demented ideas. If you like it and the IreGreen design is chosen, then I can make the graphic available for either the primary skin or an available option.

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:36 pm

thats a sexy 190 :sheep: ^:)
:: napier ::

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 pm

is it just the sheep, Nap?

Post Maniac General

Pretty Polecat

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:28 am

ImageWorld War ll Pilots Website

Some cool stuff on the rest of the site too
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:17 am

Ok...here are my more traditional FI skins, follow the more traditional paintshcheme, but with the FI markings...tossing it out there, another idea for the FI skins options. Got a 190 that I'm tweaking the roundels on. Similar idea to Snaphoo's FI markings but different, a bit of an Axis feel to 'em. Also the IL-2 is Falcon's skin that he let us borrow for HE, it just has my personal markings on it.

Noter

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:20 am

Bee-yuutimous art work!

~~~

Here's my Yak 9 in IreGreen ...

Careful lads,

if you're starting you own Yak 1/1b/3/7/9 template get ready for some frustration.

These are some of the first voids Oleg's mates did and they are replete with errors and all the wood surfaces are hard to make look "real".

I don't want to even mention the "Rat".

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:23 am

Holy frijoles!!!

Noter's been busy.

Great stuff, I like the blue carrier planes, too.

F

PS: along that line, here's a Seafire ...

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Holy frijoles!!!

Noter's been busy.
Yeah, I did all those last night while I was feeding the baby and finishing up stuff from work...no biggie... :lol:

Actually that's about six months worth of skins I've worked on. And what's up with my underwing banding...green, white, orange or orange, white, green. Obviously not just cutting and pasting from skin to skin. Have to fix that.

Noter
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:04 pm

Nice work guys! Very cool stuff!

=D]
You've got red on you.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Noter,

The only way I've seen the stripes IRL is Green (inside), white, then gold and I've seen only leading edge color on Brit planes, not Irish.

Let me know if you've seen differently.

F