Jasc PSP 7.04 to Corel PSP X?

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Jasc PSP 7.04 to Corel PSP X?

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:55 pm

Last week a mate or two sent some PSP files to me and for the first time I couldn't open them. I guess my ten-year-old PSP v7.04 (Aniversary Edition) has been forgotten by its developers.

Are Jasc and Corel the same company or do they have the same product?

For $100 minus $30 (rebate) minus $10 (coupon) for Corel PSP X the best and newest application? I dl'd a thiry-day trial last night and it looks more like PhotoShop than good ol'PSP.

What version do youze guyz have? I thought I could open v8 stuff. Is it v9 and above that won't talk to my v7.04?

Should a guy who has JUST awakened be allowed to post stuff that is apparently too complex for him to compose?

Fal ... something

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Jasc PSP 7.04 to Corel PSP X?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:34 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Should a guy who has JUST awakened be allowed to post stuff that is apparently too complex for him to compose?

Fal ... something
I dunno . . .should I?

. . . Just plain ol' (if-it-works-dont-fix-it) v7.00 here

I think NC's on v9.00 (flash git)

Had some photoshop files it wont open, but opened those with Photoshop (which I rarely use). might be a workaround getting files as uncompressed animated gif (from animation shop) and exporting to PSP. or probably better if it works getting m8 to export layers to Animation shop and saving .mng for you to export to your PSP

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

I dunno, Patrone!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:06 pm

I´m currently using Photoshop CS (8.0) and I like it very much since I used Photoshop on my training on the job six years ago. I heard that Corel Draw has gained ground on Photoshop the last years (comparable functions, handling). I dunno anything about format imports/exports though ...

What I certainly know is that you can´t get Photoshop for this price, Patrone.

I need to watch the football game now ...

Cya, later!

F ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:15 pm

Well if it's something you need on the software end I might know someone that can help. Send me a PM and let me know what you are looking for.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:08 am

Do it, come on, go the Photoshop route, let the doc hook you up. All the cool kids are doin' it now.

Noter
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:17 am

Heh-heh ...

It was tempting for sure, but I found a $22 PSPX on Amazon.

I'll sleep better for it

won't I?

Fal "goody-two-shoes" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Corel bought out Jasc...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:00 pm

...and you are not alone re file-opening probs.

Check out the new site:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 7024307383

Note that the Jasc name doesn't even appear anymore. I just hope the level of service Jasc provided me carried over to the Corel people. :?

And I hope Corel doesn't have plans to dump PSP as part of their aquisition plan. I always found Corel Draw very non-user-friendly.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:06 am

Jasc PSP9 rules (hence not updating to PSP10)

Corel IX is pants

very very pants..

I got both, you can have my Corel IX for free lol

NC