Your ideas for FIS Flight School

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:02 am

Helo

do you have permission from Tac to write a post as long as that one?

Good idea, so a general radio procedure/takeoff/landing check ride for new members?

Let's try it,

or have another beer.

Works fer me!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

I don't work for Tactical.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:24 am

He works for me. :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Response to PM's

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:24 am

:FI:Heloego wrote:re-starts before the class can even properly begin? The training sessions I have in mind will be Coops, and constant re-starts will greatly degrade the value of the classes. The purpose of GA training is not to teach or provide practice in the basics of flight, but to enhance the GA/Close Support experience.

;)
Kinda anticipated that when I wrote this:
I think 1 hour classes at 14:00 EST/19:00 GMT Sunday is probably the best slot
for the majority of people.

I guess the next step would be to put together a schedule of classes that could run side by side in the hour preceeding coops

Class1 Basic (DF server) . . . . . . . . Class2 Advanced (coop server)
TS red . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TS blue

I think people will be keen to stay for the squad coops to try out their newly learned skills.
That would also re-inforce the lessons.

My thinking is that once the start of flight school is announced provide something for everyone and get all involved from the start.
Anyone crashing during coop could have the option to go brush up in class1 or remain and be a spectator.

I guess the big question about flight school is not how , but when? ^:|
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

New uniform for instructors ?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:38 pm

:FI:COM
Postmaster

Count me as....

Post by :FI:COM » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 pm

INTERESTED! Please keep me posted in regards to :FI:WeinerSchule- I could be available on Sundays BEFORE our normal squadtime for instruction.
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:06 pm

Viper
Beginner

Back to the basics and build from there.

Post by Viper » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:55 am

Love the idea of a combat flight school. It’s been my experience that the basics are always the best and than you build from there. Most people are already doing them but don’t know it or don’t know how to blend them together to make a fighting stance. Things like bracket fighting or the split or wedge and Thatch Weave are easy to learn and are deadly when used properly. If you would like some information on this let me know or become a member at my site to see how it all works. It’s still a work in progress but you will get a good idea on what I have and am willing to teach. Please contact me for a link if need be .. I don't think posting it at this time as a newbe is proper.
~S Viper
One outstanding pilot flying alone is looking for a place to die. Two average pilots working as a team are a force to fear.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:43 am

Viper,
post a link to your site. I'll vouch for the sincerity of your site. ;) I think I was one of the first few to log in when you opened it a while back.

You had some really great stuff over there the last time I was there. :D
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:03 am

The flight school looks like a great adventure to me.

I was very impressed with Gen's report from the field. Amazing stuff, my hat off to you sir.

Now that I finaly have stuff sorted out, well sort of, it seems to work now and I even managed to setup TS and Hyper... thread? No, hyperdrive? No errr ... Anyway, the gateway to online play I have that too now. They've a nice lobby too.

Since I'm pretty much a Rookie again (I have grown to loathe the terms newbie/noob because too often insult is implied), I'd love to participate in the flight school. The only contribution I can make is drawing up a funny image based on a picture they have to provide me. That way they could use it as an avatar or print it out and frame it.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Parkachu
Beginner

sounds cool

Post by Parkachu » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:22 am

im interested in joing the FIS but im in need of a little training i know how to take off and how to land(sorta) but thats about it. i dont know of my opinion counts but i thinks itd be nice to have a flightschool.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:38 am

Thanks Peka, erm ... Parkachu. We are flying 4.05 now and will be attempting to move up to 4.07 (IL-2 Sturmovik 1946) some time next month.

Come on and fly with us when you're ready. We'll talk together and see just what kind of training you need/want.

And everyone's opinion matters mate ... as long as we agree with it!

;)

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
The Killer

Post by The Killer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:57 am

do we have some sort of BFt system? as in you have to qualify in a certain plane to fly it in campaign?
Shoot the Sunza Bitches
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:04 pm

The Killer wrote:do we have some sort of BFt system? as in you have to qualify in a certain plane to fly it in campaign?
No
I fear no beer

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:21 pm

We would appreciate if you could take off, stay close and not run into us.

If you do that ...

-- PASSED --

*STAMP!*

Falcon

PS: We also give out cat licenses.

:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:56 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:PS: We also give out cat licenses.
That's not a cat license, that's a dog license with the word dog scratched out and cat written over it in crayon. :D

But this sounds like a swell idea! I'd like to have some classes on flying in formation (small 2-4 plane formations at first then larger squadron formations), maintaining a good, constant heading, and consistant speed. Additionally, I'd like lessons on staying with and covering your wingman.

I appologize if these have been covered already, but I'm lazy and don't have time to read all those lettery thingies on the previous pages.

Sna"where did they all go?"phoo.
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.