World Championship 2006

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

World Championship 2006

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Folks!

As you might or might not know Germany will be the place for football ... erm soccer maniacs from all over the world since the Footbal World Championshop 2006 will take place here. And maybe you also know the very official logo for this event? It looks like this ...

And this is one I found on a German web site recently ...

Oh, yes! I´m already looking forward to this event ... :O~
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Mon May 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Pa-lease stop calling it FOOTBALL! arrgh! :x :x :x

only football can be called football...

hehehehe...

:badgrin:

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon May 08, 2006 2:36 pm

We call it football because we use our feet...

...you should call it 'get dressed up in body armoUr, run about aimlessly for ten seconds, wait a few minutes, watch the ad break, repeat, then break for half an hour, have Janet Jackson slip a nipple at half-time, etc. etc.' -ball :evil:

:lol:

For those who are interested, the term 'soccer' is derived from Association Football, the official name of the beautiful game. This is in contradistinction to Rugby Football, Gaelic Football, and, well, that other kind of Football, you know, the one they play in America and pretty much nowhere else... ;)

Come to think of it, when the USA tried Real Football back in '94 I seem to remember another dark-haired diva taking a penalty kick at the opening ceremony, missing the goal completely, and yet seeing the goal split in two.

There's a Budweiser campaign running over here at the moment in which they propose what would happen to, ick, 'soccer', if the Americans controlled it; i.e. ads every few minutes, cheerleaders, 'sudden death overtime multiball'... and their slogan at the end is, "You do the football, we'll do the beer."

Thanks... Mine's a Heineken

:C[[
Last edited by :FI:Moog on Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 pm

PS: Anyone mentions Ireland's absence from the World Cup and I'll bate ya!! ](*,)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon May 08, 2006 2:53 pm

:FI:Moog wrote:PS: Anyone mentions Ireland's absence from the World Cup and I'll bate ya!! ](*,)
Geee....

No worries, we were out of the championship for some time, too:)

Last time I watched a whole football (yes, FOOTBALL) match was during the Barcelona Olympic Games......years ago, when Poland was fighting in final with Spain. We were econd, last seconds' goal gave the spanish team 1st place.

I don't like footbal, nor soccer, nor rugby.

I like lassies fighting in mud.

Ekhm...

Mac
ImageImageImage
Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Mon May 08, 2006 3:24 pm

I am sure our German hosts, will be welcoming our polite and well mannered fans with opem arms :oops: :? ;)
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm

...you should call it 'get dressed up in body armoUr, run about aimlessly for ten seconds, wait a few minutes, watch the ad break, repeat, then break for half an hour, have Janet Jackson slip a nipple at half-time, etc. etc.' -ball
:lol: :lol:

By the way Moog, i just heard that in Latvia, where there the Ice hockey world championships are been currently played, Police has got some problems with some people who have come to see the games...

Top four nationalities who have been causing the most trouble are

- Sweden
- Finland
- Norway
- Ireland

Now, those first three countries i understand (well, i dont know about Norway, but at least Finns and Swedes are pretty fanatic about hockey), but Ireland??? Do you even play hockey?? ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon May 08, 2006 4:21 pm

I'd say Sapper you'd find out of you look deeper into want went on you'll find it was all the eskemo's who were causing the problems and the Irish just went along for the crack :D
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon May 08, 2006 4:22 pm

Now, those first three countries i understand (well, i dont know about Norway, but at least Finns and Swedes are pretty fanatic about hockey), but Ireland??? Do you even play hockey?? ;)
Hockey? Jaysis no of course not! But we've one hell of an international trouble team ;)

Ah no, there *is* a rink up in Belfast and they have a league team but ice hockey isn't very well-known here in the Republic. Maybe the Irish ice hockey team consists of players from the whole island, like the rugby team. The football team on the other hand is 'segregated' in that Northern Ireland has its own international team as does the Republic.

They REALLY suck at football :badgrin:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Mon May 08, 2006 9:03 pm

:FI:Moog wrote:We call it football because we use our feet...

...you should call it 'get dressed up in body armoUr, run about aimlessly for ten seconds, wait a few minutes, watch the ad break, repeat, then break for half an hour, have Janet Jackson slip a nipple at half-time, etc. etc.' -ball :evil:

:lol:

:C[[
so? still, calling soccer football is quite like calling a budwiser a beer... or Dixie the southern part of the USA... it's just crazy talk! :evil:

soccer IS soccer...or whatever. but now Football IS FOOTBALL!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it's just wrong somehow. any red-blooded american lad can tell you that.

what would you call baseball? ---pitch and bat??? (cause you pitch a ball and swing a bat in it?) :cry: same difference.

i've contacted the post and am sending all of you Euro-type dudes some proper American dictionaries---expect them any day now.

(my work here is done.)

;)

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon May 08, 2006 9:34 pm

US football

soccer

~hides behind Beo~

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 pm

American football is just rugby for girls! :D

All that padding you have to wear....the whole point is to get injured!

We want split heads , burst ear drums , broken teeth , BLOOD!

Or atleast thats what my PE teacher told us...

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Hallo????

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Folks!

It wasn´t my intention to start a dissing about football and soccer ... I was just thinking of nice graphics, logos and ads for the upcoming 22xLegs+1xBall+3xReferees World Championship ...

But it´s quite interesting to follow this discussion since it´s now obvious to me that the gap between the Islanders and the Colonists must be enormous ... ;)

@ Grecian: believe me when I say that the German Police will take care of every effervescing supporter of any nation ... even the German ones! :p

Sport is war on other grounds ... :roll:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon May 08, 2006 10:58 pm

will the police wear short pants too?

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Tue May 09, 2006 2:29 am

never fear, Gen... we're not serious about any of this (or are we?? :badgrin: )

by the by... great photos Fal... good comparisons actually (hides behind Falcon.)

actually there's a reason we Americans 'have' to wear body armor in REAL football... our football is SO vicious, SO destructive, SO harmful and hurtful that without the body armor---full contact playing would actually be considered murder (in a court of law) in the first degree!

so you see, the body armor and protective gear is to minimize the danger and 'attempt' to keep the fatalities (and the jail sentences) of our players down. quite logical when you think of it.

now, of course in soccer there's actually little need for such protection, after all, what's a few smashed bones, poked out eyeballs, shattered teeth, dislocated spinal columns? heck---our school children get as much on the play ground playing 'kick' the can. (you can substitute gimp for can in that sentence...)

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair