Introduction

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)

Introduction

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Hello there.

My name is Moe and I just applied to join the Fightin' Irish Squadron.

I'm 28 and live in Dublin, Ireland. I'm an avid gamer and host gaming sessions in my house on an almost weekly basis. My group play all sorts of games including FB/PF, but I find that the few sessions of IL2 I host are not satisfying my hunger and was looking for a more focused, yet still informal group of pilots to fly coops with.

While browsing the DCG forum, I spotted a post by :FI:TacticalS! about the Historical Encounters session which sounded exactly like what I was looking for. At the same time I was wondering where other Irish pilots could be found and that lead me to the Fightin' Irish Squadron thread on the Ubi forums. Amazingly, this was the sqaudron that was running the Historical Encounters sessions. Small world, eh? I contacted :FI:TacticalS! via email and flew in the H.E. session last Friday alongside :FI:Heloego, :FI:IceFrog, :FI:McBiggles, :FI:Noter and :FI:Murph. I really enjoyed both the flying and the banter on TeamSpeak. :FI:TacticalS! also informed me that there is another COOP session on Sunday evenings at a more GMT friendly time. I saw the session on HL last night but didn't want to barge into TeamSpeak without an invite or at least introducing myself here first. My mother brought me up that way. ;)

I'm no ace, in fact, I rarely fly in the dogfight servers, but I am very much a team player and love the COOP experience. Anyway, everyone here seems very friendly and I'd love to be counted among the Fightin' Irish.

Moe
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Introduction

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:16 pm

Moe, the man who never sleeps.
It was fun flying with you the other night, wished you could have brought Curly & Larry with you and maybe Shemp, just kidding m8, glad you were able to make the flight
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks IceFrog. :)

How close were we to colliding over Le Havre in our Tempests? I think you left a boot print on my canopy. 8)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:11 pm

Moe,

Get stuffed!

Oh wait ...

I'm the semi-official recruiter.

I mean,

welcome to the forums and the HE and Sunday stuff.

If you want a semi-official application, click on the "Squadron" button on the front page and find the application link hidden somewhere in the text or write to me at ifalkon@aol.com . (Both avenues lead to my E-mail.)

You've already made a great "hello" post so there are only a few other semi-official things to do to become whole, fully and semi-officially Irish.

Fal "already semi-stuffed" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Man he went and named names, places and even times. Hard to suggest we don't know this Irish lad, or is it? :-k

Ok yes we all enjoyed Moe's company and wonderful Irish accent! Moe fit right into his pilot's seat on Friday, and I believe would make an excellent mate amongst the Fightin' Irish. Heck I think we need a couple more actual Irishmen or they will revoke our name. 8-[ I trust you have applied (official application on frontpage) to Falcon?

Just for clarification concerning Sundays, a variety of things are carried out including scripted DF servers and COOPS. I don't host H.E. sessions during that time. For that you must stay up again on Friday night. Hopefully we will have you addicted to these sessions soon enough. :D

You say you're only 28. Not to worry Moe, after a couple more late night gaming sessions with us you will feel more OUR age, or at least look like us.

Shown above is :FI:McBiggles taking a short break in between Historic Encounters missions. Something's not quite right with that lad, but can't point my finger on it. :-$

Best regards,
TactS!
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:24 pm

:lol:

Biggles ...

If you want to get even with Tac ...

I found this pic of him

(when his family is out)

contemplatuing where to put still another flight of 109s on a new HE mission to pounce on we poor innocent pilots.

are you two related?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 pm

Stop posting pics of Mrs. McJiggles! =; :D
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi Falcon and Tactical.

:lol: Nice pics.

I actually sent the application in this morning (my time) before I posted here. Did it come through to you Falcon?
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:00 pm

Hi Moe!

Welcome aboard mate! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Welcome Moe!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 pm

Nice to have some more Irish meat in the Squad!

Just watch Helo... he likes Irish people.... if you get my meaning.

In fact he likes ALL sorts of people.....

:roll:

Oh... and :sheep: too :)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:26 pm

Helo came by my house last night ...

we pretended to be out

everyone stayed very quiet

but the cat started to act funny.

F

Moe, yep, I got it and set an app to you.

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks for the welcomes Sapper and Fenian. :)

I got your reply Falcon, thanks.

Hmm, sheep :sheep: and ferret :ferret: emoticons, I think I'll be very happy here. 8)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:04 am

Someone knocked on my door rather late the other night, time I answered they were gone... my dog acted really strange... think that was Helo?

Oh hi Moe! seems you've like done everything except a urine test, and the cough and drop...

anyway no worries about being a Ace, its the least of my problems too :(

NC
(I use alot of ........ don't I, I'll give pac man a call to clear up the mess)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Hello Moe

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:38 am

Just dont give them any oranges :badgrin:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Hi Nightcat and Sneaky Russian.

I did send a urine sample with my application but it came back with, "Return to sender, address unknown." on the packaging. :?

Why no oranges? Are people around here like the Gremlins, no feeding after midnight? :?: