BF2 1.2 patch video!! nice

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

BF2 1.2 patch video!! nice

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:15 am

look here

some nice improvements:)

BF2.se alphatests Patch 1.2!
The alphatest is now finshed and it have been both a fun and very intresting weekend. Besides playing with DICE employees and testing patch 1.2 we have reported a few bugs and made a little movie.
So what is new? Can Lezziter fly a heli and how is the grenadelauncher working now? These and many more question will be answerd in this article!

Start
We have tested the 1.2 Alpha during a weekend togheter with BF2RS ( Ranked Servers ), Planet Combat and DICE. We had six servers to play on ( 2 of them Special Forces ).
And now about the patch! You will get all information you need and we have a lot of text, pictures and a movie where we show some things that cant be explained with words!

The Patch in general.
The Patch have a solid feeling with alot of new gamechanges but also a few bugs that we hope is going to be fixed before they release it ( thats why we is testing it so ). The patch with my words: The game will be more realistic, more rigid and more balanced.
Here comes a list with those thing we noticed that is changed in patch 1.2. BUT remember that this is an alpha.build and may be subject of changes.
Official patch-info where "all" changes can be found here.

The list with the noticed changes.
*You can NOT jump and fire at the same time. The weapon is lowered when you jump in the same way when you sprint. It has nothing to do with being in the air or not, you CAN fire when parachute.

*You can NOT throw C4 when jumping. You can jump and throw grenades but you can not throw medic or ammopacks.

*The grenadelauncher have been significant worse. You can not jump and fire with it and the splash have been weakend. The grenades now bounces on walls but it does explode at a direct hit.

*The last thing we will see now on the servers is c4-players ( players running around and only use c4s.) You can not throw c4 very far and you can not explode the c4 as fast as before. When the c4 is on the ground you can quickly trigger it by pressing right and then left mousebutton. This is a strong weakening for the Spec Ops class.

*Supportclass¡¦s MG and all Sniperrifles spread less.

*You can run and reload.

*AA is much more efficient against helicopter. 2 IGLA for one attack-heli. Heli-pilots will find it much harder staying alive and have to learn to evade using flares and take out AA¡¦s fast. AA¡¦ still hit friendly planes.

*Vehicles take less damage from obstacles.

*Mines can be picked up by Engineers, C4 by Spec Ops and claymores by Snipers. You can not pick up a claymore from the front. You can also disarm enemy mines/claymores.

*Ladder-bug is fixed.

*UAV is now a flying airplane that circels the area. All weapons can harm the UAV but most efficient is the Jeep MG that only took about 5 seconds to kill the UAV. The COMM will have to learn to place the UAV right so it cant be fired at to easy. AT probably will be able to kill the UAV with a lot of practising.

*Dolphing-diving is fixed with a new way to go to prone that takes longer time as showed in our movie. This will make it easier for APC & Tanks to kill inf.

A little more about the patch.
Besides getting a little better FPS in BF2, the textures looks a little better and the sound is slightly better. We also got a new patching software and you can finally copy and paste IP into BF2 ingamebrowser. A precise date for the release isn¡¦t decided but I would guess at least 2 more weeks.

About the future.
Patch 1.2 will be a patch, as always, that will be loved by some and hated by other. The game will be more like BF1942 and DICE have made the game less buggyjumy and dolphin divy. You will feel a different by not be able to jump and dive in the air but I think most people will get used to this very fast.

How will the classspred be?

*Public: I think Spec Ops and Assualt will be the most used classes but also alot more medics and a big increase in the using of Support and Sniper. The movie Jarhead will probably produce a wave of snipers Æ’º

*Clanwars: With the weakening of Spec Ops and Assualt there will be more Medics and Anit-tanks out there an the support is more accurate that will increase use of that class. The COMM¡'s supply will be used more!

taken from http://www.bf2.se/page.php?id=541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S!

M
ImageImageImage
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Re: BF2 1.2 patch video!! nice

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:46 pm

:FI:Macca wrote:A precise date for the release isn¡¦t decided but I would guess at least 2 more weeks.
2 weeks. Be sure.

Good find Macca!

This patch sounds very promising indeed.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:13 pm

Hi Moog!!

There are two booster packs to be released - one "Euro Force" - 8th da of Feb, second, "Armored Fury" - 28th of March. Each one 9.99 Euro. Unfortunately only via EA downloader.I don't know if I'll be able to buy it this way, anyway , it looks interesting.

S!

2 weeks:D........

Oleg's Syndrome....
ImageImageImage
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Yipppiiieee

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:36 pm

Hi I'm back, and i am in for the europack

server is up!!

going to sleep now

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:35 pm

40mm grenades that bounce of the walls? cool, that opens up whole new possibilities :-k

But it´s such a shame they reduced the blast radius of 40mm grenade...

Sap *waiting for the sniper-rifle accuracy to be increaced* er

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

hmmmm #@^*grr:|#@1&*$@#"

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:28 am

Nice Stats Sapper !!!

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Whoa!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:29 am

Bank Shot! :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:53 am

Well thanks Dutch! You know, i´m just trying to do my best :D

Although, they are nothing compared to Heloego´s stats ;)

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:53 pm

I suppose I should make an appearence in BF2. I've found I like COD2 much better...

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Although, they are nothing compared to Heloego´s stats
Eh, i meant Rabitski´s stats :oops: :?