Real Life COD...Almost

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm

I presently live in Washington State, Spokane. I was born in raised in Detroit Michigan tho.

There's a business man here in town who wants to get an indoor airsoft field put together. That would be awesome in the winter months! There is also an outfit over on the coast that uses airsoft guns to actuall teach and train urban combat tactics.

Its pretty wild how airsoft is evolving too. There is a rifle that uses metallic cartridges that have compressed air, and shoot a special 6mm plastic projectile. There is also a replica of the Gatling style gun that actually shoots something like 3000 rounds per minute.

Ah to be wealthy!

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:25 pm

Spokanes not to far. Keep me informed on upcoming events. Especially the ones over on this side of the mountains. I would join you for sure. And I may be able to talk the wife into taking a weekend and heading over that way if you have a big event planned. The gatlin gun sounds cool, but like you said would be real expensive to shoot something that fires 3000 rounds a minute.
Hunter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:17 pm

Whoa! Seattle! Dude there are several airsoft groups all around that area that can introduce you to the sport. I hope to be hosting the "Get Clark" scenario the first weekend in November over here at our Nine Mile skirmish site. It depends if I can get the pilot, "Major Clark", done in time. It sounds like there are plenty of interested parties so it might be a decent turn out.

Let me know if/when you start getting serious about this. The group I skirmish with has a forum room here, http://spokaneairsoft.com/v-web/bulleti ... 2ea3a2171a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or, feel free to email me directly. Myself or someone else could steer you towards a good deal on an AEG and stuff.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:56 am

Hell ya..Ill get into it. Right now all I have is the battery powerd uzi I use on the nighbor kids. Its not real powerful or accurate. I only paid 25 bucks for the thing. Let me know what kind of gun I should get and about what it will cost and where to get it. And be sure the let me know when your going to be doing the "Major Clark" thing and when you'll be over on this side.
Hunter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:53 am

I was/is/and ever shall be/ short of cash when I first got into it. A good brand name AEG will most likely start around $250 with the average at right around $300 for an all steel ICS or CA model.

Now I fell into a deal that featured an MP-5 for $80! It was made by a new Chinese company called UTG. Its a copy of a Tokio Marui MP-5 (TM was one of the first and is one of the best AEG companies. Most of their guns are high quality plastic tho, although you'd never really know it.) Since money was a definite factor, I ordered the UTG and ten 30rd mags for $140 total from a place called Airsoft Atlanta. Here's the link. http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/airsoftelite.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now since then the price has gone up a little, but I thing they still have the UTG MP-5s for around $100. I love mine. It came with two hi capacity magazines, an 8.4V 1100 mA battery, scope mount, sling and charger. It would be a good entry level gun and is fully upgradeable.

Quite a bit different that your Uzi. It shoots between 600 to 800 rds a minute at 280 fps, and I plan to eventually upgrade it for more. Out of the box it shoots 250 to 260fps, which is fine for entry level.

Going to be working on Major Clark next week, so I'll let you know when the op is going to take place. Also check the forum link I posted here under "Events" heading. If you join the forum, my handle is Redeye.

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:56 pm

Okay, here's a pic of my tools. Not pictured all the various accessories, the funnest of which are the different uniforms one must collect! LOL. This whole package cost me less than $140. Now if I just had the time to get out and skirmish! Pics of one of the group's ops will be posted sometime.

Z

Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Very cool Zeke...After I get my rudder pedals I'll look into getting one of those. Seems like a great price for that.
Hunter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:04 pm

It didn't come with the red dot scope, I already had that. It did come with the tactical two spot scope rail tho!

Z

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:33 am

Wow ZekeMan, looks nice! ^:)

Are you SURE you have enough magazines? ;)

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:13 pm

One can never have enough mags...LOL.

Z

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:22 pm

Saving my pennies for this:

:)

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Now THAT'S more like it!!!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:16 am

How much for that one???!!!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:05 pm

$89 here: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-UTG-M324S.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Comes with bipod, sling, extra mags and few other accessories. Velocity is modest but is said to be upgradeable. Accuracy is touted to be very good. Scope is not included.

Z

Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:42 am

400 FPS!!!

OW :shock:

AND OW!!!! :shock:
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:47 pm

Hmmm, 410fps is a bit high for this model, unless its a new moded one.
This one http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is more money but is pre-upgraded for the bruiser high velocity niche. Note: some of the more expensive sniper models shoot in excess of 500fps.

Z