Wednesday night sessions

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Wednesday night sessions

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:20 am

Hi All,

I ended up spending most of last night setting up TS (see post in communications forum) so I didn't get much of a chance to fly. I did try to get onto the game hosted by FI:Rules but couldn't - having navigated to it by following an FI member through HL there was no 'join session' option in the bottom of the box. Am I being dense (again) ?.

I did end up in the server with a few of you there and the biplanes in it but by then was pretty much finished for the night so didn't hang around for long, that plus not feeling up to getting used to gravity feed fuel systems in a hurry again (dive, sput-sput, cut).
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:04 pm

They were probably flying co-op missions. Once the host launches mission you would be unable to join.

G
I fear no beer

:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Wednesday night sessions

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:58 pm

rpscottuk-spitthedog wrote:I did end up in the server with a few of you there and the biplanes in it
i was there.. what name were you flying under.... i thought the biplanes were a lot of fun........but i had to leave so i could ready for the historical one later, but for that one i ended up just listening in on it :( but even that was fun :shock:
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:23 pm

Why was this Les? Did you want to join and were on TS? Certainly next time just speak up and let me know you're waiting mate. Once we finish a mission anyone (even you Les :D ) can then join the session.

As I use a force feedback stick, I can't "Alt-Tab" out of the game to check on TeamSpeak, and I don't use any TS monitor to see who is there.

Gee, hope I didn't miss your request to join us last night. :-k

Look forward to seeing you in the next session (Wednesday, September 21).

Regards,
TS!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:00 pm

Right on there TactS. Les, if we still haven't figured out how to switch channels for ya yet, but we will, there is not much need. I didn't switch at all last night. Just connect to TS and you should be good to go. If the need arises we'll figure something out, was in the same boat as you with this and they worked with me to figure something out.

Noter
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:12 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Gee, hope I didn't miss your request to join us last night. :-k
No sir, you didn’t miss me, or forget me. When I got onto TS you guys had just took off, waiting for MadMike, or was it Madcat, to catch up, so I just listened to this mission, which was fun in itself. I was going to ask to join in when you guys got back but I was running short on time and the wife and all the kids were begging to check their emails and print their school reports out. (translation I chickened out). So I just listened a little more and vanished but next time :x
Noter, you are right still can't switch while in game.
i noticed you guys all stayed on the same team, which kind of made me nervous to join in too. Even the AI’s that are on my side in my computer battles seem to run away from me :shock:
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Ah Les, that's the beauty of real people, they'll wait, hell, they'll help find ya when your lost and point you in the right direction.

I was, and still am, very nervous to go online, totally afraid to screw up, make everybody wait on me. It didn't happen, they were all great, very patient and nice, helped me relax and just be more comfotable in the vitual sky, and am even growing some confidence.

MadCat flew into the back of me on the flight line before we even took off. No one got pissed, we all cracked up it was frigin hilarious. Just started the mission over and were good to go.

Just jump in, it's the only way to go.

Noter
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:35 pm

I remember being a bit of a lurker on ts when I started. Took a while to say hello :) . There was this great big scary bassman voice which made me give a little girlie eek! whenever he grumbled down the mike.

Of course having now met him in person I now know its his crappy sound card. His actual voice is of a timbre more similar to the now deceased French singer Edith Piaf.

Helo's busy working on an aircraft this week ain't he? 8-[
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:33 am

:lol:

Indeed, where would we be if Helo wasn't such a great sport to joke with, eh?

Of course everyone is absolutely right Les. We are a bunch of folks who love this game, and come from different backgrounds; some guys are very good at IL-2, and some are not as good, but when you share a laugh with your mates there's no way one can lose at this game (pssst . . . that's the real secret about joining this squad). ;)

And this is at the heart of Historic Encounters. That and shooting down SnoopBaron whenever you get the chance. :D

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Hey!!!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 am

His actual voice is of a timbre more similar to the now deceased French singer Edith Piaf.
I heard that Gadge!!!!! :lol:

Do I really sound that good? :D

(Who is Edith Piaf?)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Hey!!!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:03 am

:FI:Heloego wrote:(Who is Edith Piaf?)
Check this out, Helo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89dith_Piaf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:26 am

"Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" Helo.

Personally I have always found recordings of her voice to be an excellent sonic earwax remover.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Can't say I've heard anything by her...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:00 am

...but that's one hard life she lived!

Good looking, too! :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:59 am

There is a scene in "Saving Private Ryan" where one of her records is played.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:08 am

There is a scene in "Saving Private Ryan" where one of her records is played.
Murph you took the words right out of my mouth m8.. Isn't it the bit at the end where they are wating for the attack on the bridge?

Sorry OT..

About T/S.. I find I played the single player game so much that sometimes I get completely "lost" in what I'm doing and forget other people are on channel,, then you hear a voice !!!!

I think thats something to do with teamseak anyway :oops: