G50 and so ...

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

G50 and so ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:42 am

Folks!

Here´s my remodified version of the Italian Fiat G50 aircraft. As usual I´ve uploaded a darkgreen and a Finnish skin template onto our server. If anyone of you likes to have a personalized version of it may order it here ... ;)

* swastika due to German laws not displayed
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:51 am

8) Yea please Mr Genosse....one of each if possible...
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:34 pm

gah, that is an ugly plane!

even your expert artistry can't make it look better than a potato with aspirations of aerial achievement!

but I s'pose I need one just in case we start having Finnish missions again.

and who knows,

if I keep it in its box, it may be worth something in 50 years

Fal "could I have the swastica in pink and fluff please?" con

;)

PS: Actually, just an FIS design, please.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:39 pm

PLease! :)
Both of em, cause I'm just that greedy! :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:03 am

Great work Gen! ^:)

I wouldn´t mind having them both :D

Oh, would it be possible to have that Finnish skin unsencored, with swastikas?

S!
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:43 am

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Great work Gen! ^:)

I wouldn´t mind having them both :D

Oh, would it be possible to have that Finnish skin unsencored, with swastikas?

S!
No problem, Sapper!

Due to German laws I´m not allowed to show the swastika here since the entire FIS/FIP including this BB is located on a German server and thus subject of German justice (§ 86a Abs. 2 StGB).
"It is punishable by up to three years in prison or monetary fine for anyone to distribute, display, or use the symbols of anti-democratic parties or organizations, including flags, badges, uniforms, slogans, and forms of greeting (i.e., the Hitler salute). It is illegal to import these symbols from outside of the country as well."
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaste ... ments).htm

But you´ll get a copy with them ... just in terms of historical correctness, of course ...

^:)

Image Image
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:17 pm

Gen,

Forgive my naiveté

and spank me if I've been bad ...

Oh yes, right there, you brute!

Erm, but does this mean ALL pics on this German server?

or just those pics originated/uploaded by Germans?

Should I go back and spray out my crooked crosses?

I don't want to get you in trouble Frank ...

unless there's money in it.

Fal "from the land of the free ... parking" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:51 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Gen,

Forgive my naiveté

and spank me if I've been bad ...

Oh yes, right there, you brute!

Erm, but does this mean ALL pics on this German server?

or just those pics originated/uploaded by Germans?

Should I go back and spray out my crooked crosses?

I don't want to get you in trouble Frank ...

unless there's money in it.

Fal "from the land of the free ... parking" con
Well, I guess in practice the German police and public prosecutors handle this issue the way that every swastika on a German server could be avenged independend who from which country on God´s wide earth has uploaded this symbol.

I read on lots of in German language kept sites (not sure if the webspace is located here) some kind of dislaimer that swastikas and other 3rd Reich symbols are shown on the site because of historical correctness but not of political confession. I´ve no idea if that would calm down our prosecuting authorities ... so therefore I´ve never used it ...

For the sake of legal correctness: Please go back and spray out the crooked crosses!

I´m sorry for the inconveniences :?

Image Image
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Okay,

I checked and sprayed all my 109's and 110's

I'll check the 190's next.

If I've missed anything ...

let me know!

F
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:26 pm

well, hmmm... probably it is ilegal everywhere... "as sign that exhorts ppl hate to other ppl, nations " etc.

I wonder if this would be legal to put such stuff on foreign servers? so data would be in a place outside "restricted area"
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:24 pm

:? Who shall you belive? this info? http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/05/01/Hindu_swastika.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or these A-Holes?....
http://www.resistance.com/catalog/produ ... cts_id=135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maby you need to see from where and from whom it comes?

Besides the Finish one has nothing to do whith the FECKING Natzis.....

"The first aircraft was donated by a Swedish count, Erik von Rosen. On the wings of the airplane was painted his personal lucky insignia, the blue swastikas. This was the origin of the first official Finnish Air Force markings. The swastikas, still seen in many FAF traditional markings, as insignias have nothing to do with the nazi swastikas of the 1930s."

So it seems strange if you can be prossecuted for something that has nothing to do with A. Hitler and the rest of the A-Holes....

my 1,1/2 cent....
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:10 pm

When I have been in military museum in Kolobrzeg/Kolberg (Polish Arms Museum), with my German friends they saw swastikas on one type of the of uniforms, as they were a bit probably more sensitive to that or just paid more attention than I did, that caused some confusion and I asked the museum employee and the answer was even more suprising: mountain troops of Podhale used swastika on their uniforms, because swastika for years has been the symbol of Podhale...
till it became very popular on the other side of the Oder...

but still I would not like to see Polish troops with swastikas... just uncomfortbble about that..., but this not concerns paintings on planes etc.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:39 pm

:FI:RULES wrote::? Who shall you belive? this info? http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/05/01/Hindu_swastika.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or these A-Holes?....
http://www.resistance.com/catalog/produ ... cts_id=135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maby you need to see from where and from whom it comes?

Besides the Finish one has nothing to do whith the FECKING Natzis.....

"The first aircraft was donated by a Swedish count, Erik von Rosen. On the wings of the airplane was painted his personal lucky insignia, the blue swastikas. This was the origin of the first official Finnish Air Force markings. The swastikas, still seen in many FAF traditional markings, as insignias have nothing to do with the nazi swastikas of the 1930s."

So it seems strange if you can be prossecuted for something that has nothing to do with A. Hitler and the rest of the A-Holes....

my 1,1/2 cent....

I was thinking the same thing
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:49 pm

:FI:Mefisto wrote:but still I would not like to see Polish troops with swastikas... just uncomfortbble about that..., but this not concerns paintings on planes etc.
Thank you for your thoughts, Gents!

I know that the swastika is an old symbol originally coming from the Indian sub-continent and the Nazis misused it for their purposes. It might had/have many different meanings but that´s not the point in this discussion.

Talking of the Finnish swastika there could be some kind of misunderstanding for the German authorities. Maybe they know the story behind this symbol. Maybe they don´t. But I agree with Mefisto that I also feel a bit unconfortable ... showing this symbol (it doesn´t matter in which colour) on a German server ...

That´s all ...

Gen" Who said I am a cOward?" sse ;)

Image Image
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:34 am

Gen

historical correctness one thing.

Legal aspect another.

Svastikas on the skins won't make us fly better.

If u can have any troubles because of that - don't use them. I don't think it is absolutely the most important part ofthe painting of an airplane.

Coming back to the topic - can i have both of them with the FI markings , my number and lil yellow :FI:Macca under the canopy .please.please.please....*

*very much....:)

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage