Forget about Cod, try this:)

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Forget about Cod, try this:)

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:08 pm

It´s a warrior´s laser simulation system... That´s a modified assault vest, which has laser-receivers all over it. There´s a band around the helmet, which also has receivers...

Weapon is a regular assault rifle, with laser-transmitter attached to it´s barrel. When you fire blank cartridge´s with it (it doesn´t work, if the magazine is empty), the transmitter sends out a laser beam. If it hits the "enemy" with samekind of equipment, the enemy hears a female voice from his/her´s vest, saying for example "Hit in the head. Destroyed" or "Hit in the chest. Critical injury". And if the enemy goes "dead", the laser transmitter attached to his rifle, doesn´t work untill referee wakes him up with a referee-gun....

I had so much fun in this weeks combat drills :lol: :lol:

I just hope that fighting doesn´t get any more real than this :?

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:50 pm

I hope so for you sake too.

No one has any plans to invade Finland do they? .... or does Finland have any plans to ...erm...expand it's borders, get some more rocks, snow and trees under it's control :)

You wanna annexe that northern part of Norway? Go on... no one will stop you... it's not even EU territory ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:53 pm

Little TacticalMatt has used a similar setback at a local amusement park - it's called laser tag and it's been out for a while. Glad to see Finland's military getting into it too. ;) [TacticalS! quickly runs away.]
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:25 pm

No one has any plans to invade Finland do they? .... or does Finland have any plans to ...erm...expand it's borders, get some more rocks, snow and trees under it's control
Naw, just taking care of our own yard :lol:
Little TacticalMatt has used a similar setback at a local amusement park
Yeah, we got ours with discount, from local toys "R" Us :lol: :lol:

Like they say, men will always be boys... their toys just keep getting more expensive...

Well, seriously, that´s an exellent way to train our boys... :-k
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:40 pm

Actually, I think the Rogues tell me he's pretty good online. Last year (or was it the year before :-k ), we were there and there were three teams playing. Matt was the only one on his team. You know what? He found himself in a target-rich environment and ended up outscoring both teams! :D

Tact - "proud Dad of virtual killer :oops: " -S!
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:52 pm

8) The things you use are realy state of the art thingis...
Whole divisions can do manovers with all weapons and they all get registered in any combat situation...arty,tanks,mines anything that hurts in RL, can be simulated with the stuff from SAAB...http://www.saab.se/node5507.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:15 am

The things you use are realy state of the art thingis...
I gotta admit it... you sweds sure know how to make these things... :lol:
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:37 pm

Back in the mid-80's we had the laser stuff modified to fit our trainer Stinger missile systems. My unit took on a Cobra gunship group on a two day exercise. The Cobra pilots were so pissed that we kept on wasting them(a huge revolving light was mounted on the Cobras. When the laser pulse from out Stinger systems hit, you could see that indicator from miles away) that they started "dusting off" our positions. That is to say they hovered a scant twenty feet or so over us and there was so much dust and debris swirling around that we cold barely breathe. Being proud Redeye/Stinger gunners that we were, we would calmly stand and take the abuse. When the dust cleared we were still there with our middle fingers extended.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell