the beowolff 'hello' post

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

the beowolff 'hello' post

Post by Beowolff » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:37 am

well, i've been tasked to create a new 'hello' page here, as part of my membership ritual. i've been so told to make it brief and to the point, and to use good judgement herein.

well, sorry lads, but that was blowed before it started... :(

let me start by declaring myself a true Tennessee Hillbilly. born in the deep south with Johnny Rebs for past great grand parents, i have both Indian blood (Cree) and English blood coursing thru my veins. no English royalty, i'm guessing, though i do have a taste for the finer things in life...just never had the moo-la for them. i have often wondered if i was the illegitmate son of the real and true Royal King (or Kang as we say it in the deep south) of none other than ELVIS, himself. I have found through lengthy experimentation in mirrors, that i can actually curl my lip into a true Elvis-style withering sneer...and gyrate my hips and shake, rattle and roll...much like the Kang himself. so that is surely a distinct possibility.

and since i don't really resemble anyone else in my family but do 'sort' of look like Elvis---well, there you go.

boggles the mind, eh?

born on a farm and raised to work hard and long hours, milking cows, hoeing corn, picking cotton, digging ditches and driving mules... i have a very good work ethic. in fact, i love to work. evidently that is still true for even to this day, i seem to always do things the hard way insuring that i always have to do the same job twice. bummer, but there ya go.

eventually, i got old enough to be 'asked' by the government, to come and work directly for them---in the US Army...by way of draft card. boy, was i excited about that! and i spent several years in the military overseas... yeah, that was a blast. no, really it was a blast. :(

later, after that service, i lived and worked overseas for an oil company by the name of Coastal States... in Singapore, Thailand and other places. good work and enjoyable.

have been back in Tennessee for several long years now, and got rooked---er talked into---buying this poor old rundown farm. and like my daddy before me, discovered that...farming just don't pay. so now i just live on the old place...and enjoy it to the fullest with my wife, my four dogs, two cats, dozens of chickens and ten goats. i had a horse once but it ran away for greener pastures...horses are like that. fickle to the bone.

and so here i am, content but broke...in my own way.

i'll entertain questions from the crowd now, if there are any...

thankee,

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:49 am

:? NO FERRETS ??? :lol:

Hey BEO!! :D
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:54 am

oh, hey willie....

nope, none of those creatures. i had some but unfortunately they ate my chickens... and tried to eat my goats (claimed the goats tasted like chicken...but i didn't believe a word of that! a goat tastes like goat, after all. give me a break!) :roll:

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:42 am

great stuff Beo, good to have ya here sir.

Cheers, :beer:
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Willkommen, Beowollf!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:11 am

Me-109F-4 hating Frank wrote:So, du bist also ein wahrer Hillbilly aus Tennessee? Wohl an, Gevatter! So, so ... desweiteren der uneheliche Sohn des tatsächlichen und wahren königlichen Königs ELVIS?

Das ist nun alles egal, mein Sohn! Denn du möchtest in das Kämpfende Irische Schwadron eintreten und ich muss dich enttäuschen: wir sind hier all gleich! Es gibt hier keinen König ... nur Waffenbrüder! Bist du dir immer noch sicher diesem Verein beizutreten?
Translation:
So, you´re are a true Tennessee Hillbilly? Ther you go, my firend! Ah, well ... you claim yourself to be the illegitimate son of the real and true Royal King ELVIS?

This doesn´t count here anymore, my son! Because you like to join the Fighting Irish Squadron and I´ve to disappoint you: here we´re all equal! Here´s no king ... just Brothers in Arms! Are you still sure to join this club?
Hi, Beo!

It´s good to see you here again ... this time no self-made wonderful COOP missions or great written stories? You like to join our wee community?

:shock: :? :lol: :D

You´re welcome, m8! I´m already looking forward to see you in the virtual skies ...

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:10 am

Hey about time you joined :D Get on TS quick m8 :D Lets see if you sound like the King :lol:

s!
Snoop
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Waayy!!!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:12 am

Finally!

:D

Welcome to the foil!

;)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:31 am

Wat they saaaid!
:D
Welcome aboard my man
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:37 am

Welcome! :D
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:11 pm

Welcome to our little sanctuary Beowolff.

:beer: :wink2: :beer:
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:19 pm

ahhh, thanks to you all for the kind remarks.

am looking forward to the brotherhood.

by the way... someone mentioned a new story? well, i just happen to have one... lol!

see this post.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/phpBB2/view ... 5375#35375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks again lads.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

There is no king???

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:39 pm

I beg to differ, there is a king...

And he flies with us!

Thank you, thankyouverymuch!

Uh-huh!

Welcome Beowulff :D
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:20 pm

Welcome aboard!
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:16 pm

hello :wink2:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:06 am

Been around on the boards a long time, great to see your joining us.

Welcome :D 8) :beer: ^:)
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.