march 4th...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

march 4th...

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:04 pm

... Isn´t that FI´s birthday?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: march 4th...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:44 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:... Isn´t that FI´s birthday?
I´m afraid it´s not ... on March 3rd, 2003 this BB was setup ... the squad was established in 2002, I think. But ask our historian Fenian about it ... he should know it, shouldn´t he?

;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:52 pm

while on the subject of birthdays ...

born in frosty February are ...

Snaphoo: Feb 20

and

Genosse: Feb 28

happy b-day mates!
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:29 pm

Happy birthday nwarly and past!
:D
All of you
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:45 pm

So the BB was started on 3/3/3. Hmmmm!!

My dear old dad was born on 3/3/33

Methinks 3 a significant number in my life.

:shock:
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Ahhh yes....

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:50 pm

As Gen rightly says it was way back in the mists of time... 2001 I believe - on the Glorious 12th of July.

I was walking back, umbrella shoved firmly up me keester, having knocked back a case of Black Bush and as I was approaching the Falls Road I noticed a hurling ball roll down the road and disappear into a wee hole near a bush beside the footpath. Being a good citizen and patriotic Paddy, I decided to retrieve the ball in an effort to save some young Seamus the expense of having to shell out his pocket money for another sliotar (ball).

As I bent into the bush (as you do), my green sash fell off (this explains the umbrella in my keester) and there it was.... the squadron wa sjust lying there, passed out, in a daze and quite unconscious. I poked it with my brolly and got a simple 'Feck off' in response, whereupon I gathered it up into my sweaty wee paws and carted it off to the local convent to dry out.

I returned a week later and the squadron could once again walk, talk and make itself generally understood (Dog be with the days). Since the it has been downhill.

It seems like every week numerous people find the squadron passed out in some ditch somewhere and dutifully try to return it by saying hello on the board here. It's quite embarassing, but what can you do?

The squadron has a problem, you see. But it's not a big problem. Just a small case of eternal thirst. And I can fully empathise. Especially on Friday afternoons and on all days with a 'y' in them.

So you see, that's the history of the Fightin' Irish Squadron. There is none. It just sorta appeared. The second time I 'found' the squadron, A kind but wildly drunk German called Gen was walking blindly in the night and, seeing me struggle under the weight of our friend the squadron, offered to lend a hand. Since that day we've been keeping an eye on it, so it doesn't get up to too much mischief. We've even employed (in the biblical sense) several volunteers to help us 'protect' our charge.

The future, you ask?

Who knows.

I hear Slattery's Bar has just had a delivery from St. James' Gate, so we'll be heading up river for the moment. Bring your paddles.

;)
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:05 am

:lol: :lol: heeh!!

Now who's gonna win the Rugby today? :oops:

Happy birthdays people :D

:yumyum: :sheep: :beer:
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:53 pm

and how can ya not love the Sqdrn:)
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:03 pm

and for March

the magical month of Mars, Ides, hares, and St. Patty

those who come a year closer to the inevitable are:

---- Dutch "I said Type Fours dammit!!!" man - March 28

---- I "We're getting electricity next week!" gor - March 8

and maybe, (cuz he's playing with my colonial sensibilities) ...

--- RULES, he sends this ... 060366

so it's either June or March.

HAPPY FLUFFY BIRTHDAY!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:27 pm

:-({|= :beer: :beer: :beer: =D] =D] \:D/
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:35 pm

I´ll drink to that! :beer: ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:10 pm

I'll join ya Sapper and drink once again:)

:beer: :beer:
ImageImageImage
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Re: Ahhh yes....

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:36 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote:As Gen rightly says it was way back in the mists of time... 2001 I believe - on the Glorious 12th of July.

I was walking back, umbrella shoved firmly up me keester, having knocked back a case of Black Bush and as I was approaching the Falls Road I noticed a hurling ball roll down the road and disappear into a wee hole near a bush beside the footpath. Being a good citizen and patriotic Paddy, I decided to retrieve the ball in an effort to save some young Seamus the expense of having to shell out his pocket money for another sliotar (ball).

As I bent into the bush (as you do), my green sash fell off (this explains the umbrella in my keester) and there it was.... the squadron wa sjust lying there, passed out, in a daze and quite unconscious. I poked it with my brolly and got a simple 'Feck off' in response, whereupon I gathered it up into my sweaty wee paws and carted it off to the local convent to dry out.

I returned a week later and the squadron could once again walk, talk and make itself generally understood (Dog be with the days). Since the it has been downhill.

It seems like every week numerous people find the squadron passed out in some ditch somewhere and dutifully try to return it by saying hello on the board here. It's quite embarassing, but what can you do?

The squadron has a problem, you see. But it's not a big problem. Just a small case of eternal thirst. And I can fully empathise. Especially on Friday afternoons and on all days with a 'y' in them.

So you see, that's the history of the Fightin' Irish Squadron. There is none. It just sorta appeared. The second time I 'found' the squadron, A kind but wildly drunk German called Gen was walking blindly in the night and, seeing me struggle under the weight of our friend the squadron, offered to lend a hand. Since that day we've been keeping an eye on it, so it doesn't get up to too much mischief. We've even employed (in the biblical sense) several volunteers to help us 'protect' our charge.

The future, you ask?

Who knows.

I hear Slattery's Bar has just had a delivery from St. James' Gate, so we'll be heading up river for the moment. Bring your paddles.

;)
Sweet Mary mother of Jesus... A whole squad born and fully formed... and hiding under a bush.... A Mulberry Bush I presume rather than Kate's?

A second virgin birth?

...and Happy Birthday too :)

G
I fear no beer

Just pink and fluffy

Ahhh...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:40 pm

I already told you... Black Bush

Or Shirley Bassey, as they call it up yonder :lol:
_________